cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting UIBBs based on roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We want to restrict which UIBBs on the MDG-M UI that should be in display mode and which ones should be in edit mode.

Is this possible through roles? I have checked and can see that you can restrict UI and entity in the SAP MDG standard roles, but where can I restrict authorizations per UIBB?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can't restrict "authorization" by UIBB. One way to achieve what you are trying to do is to:

First, you need to create different FPM configurations for each role (copy the standard configuration then modify it as you need). These configurations must be consistent with the fields the user is authorized for. Then, assign these FPM configurations to the different user roles you have.

Second, create corresponding authorization roles with those fields. So, now you should have two roles: one for the menu (which FPM configuration) and one for the authorization (which fields the user is actually authorized for).

There are many other ways; for example, combining everything into one role. Or, depending on how you need to restrict access, you might be able to do it with Context-Based Adaptation (CBA).

0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

I am currently using OVP FPM application. In that I have to display the UIBB based on the roles provided to the user.

As in the above thread it has been discussed that, We need to create separate configuration with respect to the roles and assign those configuration to the respective roles.

I am new new to the FPM . Could you please tell me how do we link the roles to the FPM application configuration.

Thanks,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please ask your question in a new thread.

0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

I have created the new thread for the same. Please check the link.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3817280

Thanks,

Gaurav Gartia

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It is possible under Configure Properties of Change Request Step under Process Modeling > Change Requests

Entity Types per Change Request Step View and Attributes per Change
  Request Step View

You can complete the following actions for a change request step:

o   Specify which fields are relevant, and which relevant fields are
        required, by setting field properties. For example, you can make a
        required field optional.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Thank you for your answer, but will these setting let us put certain attributes in display mode and some in edit mode? When I check the settings I only get "Standard", "Not required field check" and "Not relevant"

Thanks!