Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing ABAP Reports in Lumira Desktop

former_member197846
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know if there is any way to access ABAP reports in Lumira desktop to create visualization. I tried the "Query with SQL" -> SAP ECC 6.0 connection but it is not listing the ABAP reports in ECC.

Please suggest if there is any setting required or any other way (other than BO Universe as BO is not available) of accessing ABAP reports in Lumira.

Thanks & Regards,

Abhijit Ingale

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit,

You can use the Free Hand SQL option in Lumira Desktop and then choose the JCO connector to SAP ECC 6.0.

However, If you are trying to bring in an existing report into Lumira, that is not possible directly.

Regards,

Ashutosh

former_member197846
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ashutosh for your response.

But I tried the option you suggested ( Free Hand SQL option in Lumira Desktop and then choose the JCO connector to SAP ECC 6.0) but it lists down only the SAP Query infoset and not ABAP reports. Tried searching for an existing ABAP report in the list as well but it did not return any result.

Is there any option that you can think of for accessing ABAP reports (existing/new) in Lumira.

Thanks & Regards,

Abhijit

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The only way I see to do something similar to this is to create a Universe in the IDT against an ABAP function module and then use that Universe as a data source in Lumira

Right now (to my knowledge) only Crystal Reports can use an ABAP ALV as a datasource and you must be on ECC enhancement package 5 or higher to do this

Answers (0)