Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax code is not updated in BSEG but it is showing in BSET for certain documents

Lily_Yeang
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I noticed that for some documents, the tax code is not showing in bseg table but it is showing in the bset table. This has cause the data to be inconsistent between the two tables.

This is odd because in this case when I display the document in FB03, the tax code field is empty in the line item but there is value for tax code when I display the tax data for the same document.

Is this some kind of system bug or is this normal? I've search for OSS note but don't seem to be able to find it.

Best Regards,

Lily

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you check table BSEG for field MWSKZ? Is this blank?

Lily_Yeang
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yup, it's blank in BSEG-MWSKZ. However, the field BSET-MWSKZ is populated for the same document.

Do you have any idea if this normal? It looks like some data inconsistent here to me.

anand_raichura
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This type of inconsistency can occur, when accounting documents are posted using IDoc or BAPI. If document posted in your screen shot is also posted using IDoc or BAPI, then kindly go through section #3 of SAP Note 2083799 (Composite SAP Note: Postings with Accounting BAPIs).

Please follow below steps:-

1. Check whether document is posted using IDoc or BAPI

2. If answer to #1 is yes, than go through SAP note 2083799 along with your technical person to find out that BAPI or IDoc has necessary information in respective segments.

3. By resolving the issue, future posting with IDoc or BAPI can post without any inconsistency but it will not resolve the issue of already posted data (document). For resolving inconsistency in the posted data you may need to take help of SAP SLO services, for that please raise an OSS message and get a necessary guidance from SAP. But before taking this service it is nice to check whether such inconsistency (of tax code in BSEG) is resulting into any issue as normally all standard tax related report uses BSET and not BSEG,

4.If answer to #1 is no, raise an OSS message to SAP for getting a solution and rectification of already posted data.

Regards,

Anand Raichura

Lily_Yeang
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there a way to check if the document is updated using which method?

This is because I'm not sure if the documents are updated using bapi/idoc or manually.

I just discovered this as i was testing a report to get the documents from BSEG table with tax codes. As I was checking against a standard report I found this missing documents in my customised report. Thus, the discovery of this inconsistency.

Thanks,

Lily

anand_raichura
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lily,

Check document header for transaction code used for posting. If transaction code is custom like starting with Z or Y than check program with help of Abaper. Abaper will help you to understand whether program is using BAPI or Idoc for posting.

Regards,

Anand Raichura