cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-configure Fiori URL in SAP Fiori Client for Android

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I able to pre-configure Fiori URL for iOS setting.

But when I need to set this for Android. When I tried to add the Managed App Configuration, it don't have the Add button for me to click.

Any idea or is the button went missing? Tried with Firefox, Chrome and IE, don't have the Add button.

Kindly advice as need to try for iOS and Android devices.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

karanshaheri
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Android, you can go to settings option in Fiori Client to configure your launchpad url.

Regards,

Karan Shaheri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But I want to push the standard apps with the pre-configured URL. So when user download the apps from the Enterprise Store, once launch the apps user no need to enter the Fiori URL.

Able to did this for iOS, but Android can't.

former_member189326
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Are you able to use the Fiori Build Service to package your application? When you are in the Mobile Secure portal (https://portal.sapmobilesecure.com), add an application and select "Fiori Application" in the modal window that comes up. You can then specify the URL for the app.

former_member228655
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Adrian,

Yes, the "Add" button to add managed app configuration data seems to be missing from the Afaria Admin UI. I am in process of confirming couple details before reporting this to Engineering. I will provide you update on this.

In mean time as Boris mentioned can you create an application policy from Mobile Secure Portal and add the URL from there?

Thank you,
Sejal Patel
Sr. Support Engineer

former_member228655
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Adrian,

So the "Add" button is not there as expected. I am looking if there is a way to push the standard apps with the pre-configured URL.

Thanks,
Sejal

former_member228655
Participant
0 Kudos

When iOS 7 was introduced the application developers were given specific capabilities to provide a pre-seeded URL link the configuration information for the application. With the introduction of Android Lollipop application developers were give a similar capability with the addition of the setApplicationRestrictions API (https://developer.android.com/training/enterprise/app-restrictions.html).  Today when an Android application policy is selected we call a Google API called getApplicationRestrictions which populates the configuration selection of the screen, this could, if the app developer chose to support it include a URL setting to grab settings. 

So the application developer, in this case Fiori  would need to support this capability, and if they do, Afaria would display the available options in the managed app configuration section.  I will have to check with the Fiori development team if the application supports this capability.

Thank you,
Sejal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Boris.
Finally now I can push the apps with pre-configured URL for Android apps. I'm using the method that you referring.

I'm referring to this website.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sejal,

Yup. I able to add the URL according to Boris method. You may check out this website for details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yup. I got the similar replied from SAP also as I was asking how come the Add button is missing.

Not sure are they working on it to have the pre-configured URL function for Android just like the iOS. Anywhere now have the workaround as it able to push the Android apps with pre-configured URL.

former_member228655
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Adrian,

As mentioned in my previous post, Afaria calls Google API getApplicationRestrictions to populate the configuration section. So if Fiori application support this capability, Afaria will display the available optional in the managed app configuration section. The Add button is not available as API populates the configuration if App supports the capability.

Thank you,

Sejal

Answers (0)