Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planned start and finish dates in QM notifications

former_member351306
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I've an issue with the way the planned start and finish dates are getting populated for the TASK in the QM notification. I assigned a priority '1' which has a relative start date as 'blank' and relative end date 21 days, I created a response profile in which the I specified same priority having a  interval of 7 days for all code groups of the task. I created a service profile with a service window of 5 days ( week days, Monday to Friday only). Now when I crate the notification, under processing tab, when I choose the priority '1', system calculates the planned start date and finish as current date plus 20 days, this is correct. However, when I create a task and release it, the planned dates of that task are again calculated as current date plus 21 days and not current date plus 7 days as specified in the response profile. Why is that the task dates calculation ignores the the days specified in the response profile and also why is the service window specification of 5 day week is not considered? Note that the priority '1' has start and end unit of time as D ( day) and response profile also has D as the unit of time.

What we are trying to achieve is that, we have three tasks -  each task should take 7 days and all the three tasks should be completed within the 21 day interval. Since each task is released at different time times, the system should calculate as task release date as planned start date and then add 7 days to it.

Can somebody help resolve this issue please? Is this SAP standard? If yes, then what is the purpose of the response profile? What are the user exits that I can use to manipulate the task date Calculation to match with the interval specified in the response profile? Pl. help.

Thanks

BE

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I see no responses to your query yet.  I'm not sure i cna help but I thought I'd throw this out there.  QM doesn't usually use factory or other calendars.  So I'm not 100% sure that the QM notification would necessarily honor the service window.

Maybe some others can toss some ideas around?

Craig