cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating project for both main equipment and local material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement in my project. We are dealing with an elevator project.Project is created automatically from contract.In contract there are two line items 1.For Main equipment elevator 2. For local material installation

Till now we have created project for local material installation only. Now business want to track Revenue for both Main equipment and local material separately in Result Analysis report.What should be our approach? What are the required things to do??

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

RA is calculated at WBS level, so you will need at least two WBS-elements for that purpose.  Now you can see if that is easier within one project or two different projects from SD integration perspective.

Regards,

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Paulo,

Yes SD integration is required for this purpose. We tried to change the item category of both line item in sales contract as standard contract item. Now in project, we are able to see two main wbs for the same project.

I hope this is the right way? If there is any other way, Please let me know.

Regards,

Shikha

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

RA is the tool to calculate WIP based on WBS by calculation method.

as you explain like your project is SD driven then WBS would be assign as account assignment at SO item level and header level.

so once we trigger invoice for any SO line item then revenue would be incurred like once we cost to sale for our company then company will get some revenue so with the help of RA we can know what is WIP and what is actual cost under project. RA will give clear picture for ongoing project.

let me know what is unclear?

Regards,
Sanjeev

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shikha,

you have to create Two level one WBS so that you can process RA for two wbs separately.

thanks

Sunil