cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid File Error when VPP token uploaded in Afaria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I have been through the Former Member's document on setting up VPP token on the Afaria Admin console under "iOS Volume Purchase". But I am getting an error that the VPP file is invalid when i upload the VPP token file.

My environment is on SP5 HF11, cant understand what could be the reason for the error.

Regards

Batish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member228655
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Batish,

We have fixed the order of the parsing for your vpptoken file. Please check your incident and download this corrected file.

Thanks,

Sejal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sejal

Thanks for that. It worked for me.

Can you please enlightened us and for the benefit of the community as what was the reason for the issue and how can it be resolve by ourselves in future?

Regards

Batish M 

former_member228655
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Batish,

When you decode the old file(vpptoken file), the attributes of the token file is token, expDate and orgName whereas the most recent version after decoding is orgName, expDate and token. Seems the recently downloaded files from Apple has different order as mentioned above. Due to the order of the attributes in the new file format, the parsing fails.

I would recommend to open an incident with the vpptoken file so that we can rearrange them until engineering team release the fix to parse the token file no matter what order the attributes are in. This way in future if attributes order changes again, parsing will continue work.

Thanks,
Sejal 

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member228655
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Batish, Subash & Vivek,

We need to send this issue for engineering review as the order of the parsing file seems to causing invalid file error. Your incident will be updated with the details and it will be send to Engineering. Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Sejal

former_member228655
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please download the vpptoken file again and upload it into the Afaria? I just downloaded my file and worked without any issue. Please ensure to NOT change the downloaded file name.

Thanks,
Sejal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sejal,

Please let us know which VPP file you have downloaded and checked from your side.

Also please clarify did you downloaded our VPP file or any other VPP file to test this issue.

Thanks

Vivek D.

former_member228655
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Yes, I tested with your VPP token file and I see the same issue. Please re-download your vpp token file from Apple site to see if this newly downloaded file works. I have updated the BCP incident with detail.

Thanks,
Sejal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Batish,

Thank you for reaching out to SAP Community Network.

Did you try uploading the old token file or is this is first time you are using the VPP? If you were successful uploading the old token file earlier in any other hotfixes do let me know.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Kind Regards,
Sushmitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushmitha,

This is the New VPP token file we are using and we are getting invalid file name.

Please clarify when this invalid file name populates, is it when this file already been used or there is some formatting issue in the file.

Regards,

Subash Acharya

former_member228655
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you for the provided file. I can replicate this issue with your provided file as well. I will do further investigation and send this issue for engineering review.

Thanks,
Sejal

former_member228655
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Batish,

Please ensure the file extension is either .vpptoken or .txt. Also please confirm the token file hasn't been expired. Do you see any error being logged in the Afaria server log?

Thanks,
Sejal Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sejal

The Token is not expired. The token is in VPPTOKEN format. We can neither find any error logs on Afaria Server.

Regrads

Batish

former_member228655
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Batish,

I am also getting the same error and the file hasn't been expired yet. Since my token file is being used by multiple groups, I am not sure if someone has modified it. Would it be possible to provide your token file for testing purpose? You can follow me and send me a message with the file.

Thanks,
Sejal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sejal

I have followed you but unable to send the VPPTOKEN.

Though you can access the attachments from the incident open 486858/2015.

Thanks a lot for your assistance.

Regards

Batish M