Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I need to setup a below process

Scenario - If Material A we produce in house, we don't needed BOM.

If we purchased Material X from our vendor then we have to send Material X to shop floor to apply one operation on it (Operation1) which will consume Material X and will give Material A, so we need BOM for this.

Material X =1000 Qty which will give material A 750 Qty so

I will create a BOM for Material A with Recipe operation1 with Production Version 001 and BOM component of Material X with 750 Qty

Also I have to create a Recipe for produce material A in house without BOM with Production Version 0002

Now I wnat to create the Process order for Inhouse production which doesn't need any BOM , When I try to create a process order COR1 by using Production Version 0002 (which doesn't have BOM) , system is showing a BOM number in Process order Master Data Tab and showing consume material with qty in Material push button, Why system is showing BOM number here and what is the significance for BOM number here.

Let me know if any settings required to achieve it

Appreciate your response 

Thanks

Sastry

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sastry,

You can create BOM in SAP without even a single component (i.e. only with header material).

When even you create a BOM, system assigns an internal number to it for identification. This number is called as BOM number. You can find this number in MAST table under field STLNR or in CS02 / 03 under Header. This number doesn't have any significance to end user.

In your case, you would have created BOM without any component. That's the reason when you are creating process order system is picking BOM and Recipe as Master data. Since there is no component assigned to BOM, only BOM number gets copied in Master data tab.

The Importance of BOM number is that all alternatives, variants & plant specific BOM shares same BOM number.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rohit for your reply..,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

when I created a BOM error coming while entering a BOM

BOM for material 55XXXXXX does not contain any valid items

Message no. CO636

as we didn't put any component thats why system is showing this error