cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Charges from Inbound Shipping into Purchase Order

Former Member

Hi,

I am going as per SAP Note 427944 and SAP documentation at http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/83/218ad1068a11d2bf5d0000e8a7386f/content.htm

I am following the below steps. I am getting the delivery charges at the time of Good receipt, but the Purchase Order condition is not getting either the value or the shipping agent updated from the Shipment Costs From Shipping Cost Document/Forwarding Agent (maintained in Inbound & Shipping Documents)

During MIRO the shipment cost is coming correctly as planned delivery cost but against the vendor against whom the order is placed

Steps Activity SAP T-Code
1 Purchase Order ME21N
2 Inbound Delivery VL31N
3 Shipment VT01N
4 Shipment Costs VI01
5 Goods Receipt VL32N/MIGO
6 Invoice MIRO

What am I missing? Can any one help?

The goal is that the forwarding agent maintained in inbound delivery shipping documents with the corresponding shipping cost need to be available for planned delivery cost invoices - either by getting it transferred to the conditions as mentioned in note 427944 (Actually it do not explicitly state how the conditions shall get updated)

Regards

Biju

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

why don't you  want to maintain  a  condition in  calculation  schema  for  the  clearing agent (Delivery cost )

At the  time  of  PO , you  can maintain  the  clearing value  for  the  clearing agent  and  if  the  agent  is  different , you  can maintain clearing vendor .Then   you can do MIRO .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The approach (conditions maintained in PO) works in a location/client where the freight conditions are applied in minimal orders. If in a case where the business has 99 out of 100 orders shipped from outside the nation using shipping agencies, and neither the agencies or the rates are known at the time of PO creation,  it is better to go for the shipping cost route as suggested in the SAP Note 427944

When one deals with monopoly supply vendors with multiple supply locations around the world, the situation become more critical for adopting the shipment cost route that the PO condition route (at the time of creation of PO)

arnabsarkar2601
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Biju,

Your requirement is not clear , be specific and update here what is the main issue you are getting in which steps ? I have seen your process steps , it seems ok but can not get your requirement.

Regards,

Arnab

Former Member
0 Kudos

The goal/requirement is that the forwarding agent maintained in inbound delivery shipping documents with the corresponding shipping cost need to be available for planned delivery cost invoices

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately what you described is superficial compared to the deep details from the OSS note.

It is not even clear which scenario from the note are you doing 2a or 2b?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created two different conditions in line with both scenarios (2a and 2b). Neither condition is updated. How does the system know which condition is to be updated. I could not find any configuration for condition mappy or copy control between shipping cost condition and purchase order condition

Regards

Biju

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP said in the note you shall create a condition using FRB1 to copy from, they further explained that you have to set a X to Copy shp.costs field.

This condition needs to be in your pricing schema, and I hope it is the only condition where Copy shp.costs is X.

former_member183155
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all ;

I understand that Biju B Cherian wants to add delivery costs from shipment cost document. There is some restrictions , you can find all details sap note --> 427944 - Info: Shipment costs as delivery costs during goods receipt

Regards.

M.Ozgur Unal

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the different freight components need to be paid to different parties for the following charges

- Shipping Cost

- Clearing Charges

- Warehousing Charges

I believe one condition shall not work. I shall prefer automatic conditions (2B in the note 427944) as in some cases one may not be sure whether certain charges like demurrage shall be required to be paid. Also if multiple shipping companies are there, we may not know whom to pay at the time of PO creation

Regards

Biju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe restrictions (as given in note) are not about updating of condition values but on the treatment of taxes and distribution of shipping costs across multiple lines

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I never said that you must only use one condition.  Read the note more carefully, it mentions that you might need to provide one condition multiple times.

However, Clearing charges are not necessarily shipping costs, warehouse charges neither. I don't think there is any way to have SAP automatically find a dependent condition types.

Before you test an over-complicated scenario you should try to get the most simplest scenario running.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As such what I observe with one condition each for case 2a or 2b is that the value or forwarding vendor do not get updated to the conditions per se

In case of multiple conditions, I am not sure how it is going to identify the conditions (note indicates that it shall find as many conditions as supported in schema)

The surprising fact is that without the PO condition getting updated the freight value clearing account is getting hit on GR.

Regards

Biju Cherian

0 Kudos

Hi Biju,

I know this thread is quite old, but I am facing the same situation as you.

Were you able to find any solution for this scenario?