cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Insight rules - Migration from Dev to QA to Prod - best practices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am wondering whether there are any best practice recommendations migrating rules from Dev to QA to Prod.

As the rules developed and tested in Dev, is it good idea to migrate them to QA and finally to PROD and process the approval workflow directly in the PROD (send rule for approval and approver will either approve the rules are reject them)?

OR perform approval workflow directly on the Dev and migrate only the approved rules to QA and PROD?

I think I like the second approach better, and the rules stay in Dev until they were properly tested and approved by the approver.

I appreciate if you have any recommendations or thoughts (one or the other way) in regards to migrating rules between environments?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

adrian_storen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We run 2 environments (non-prod and prod).  The non-prod is used for rule development as not all rules may end up requiring ongoing monitoring or there may not be a problem that is worth addressing.

Approval workflows occur in non-prod and only approved rules are migrated to prod.  This also allows any other components to be reviewed (database components or DI views) for alignment to standards.

Promotion Management cannot be used so you have to export and import as a ZIP file.  We use Tortoise SVN and version each component (as XML) and use the ZIP for migration.

regards

Adrian

Answers (0)