cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zero not allowed in IW41 post EHP7 upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have recently upgraded our DEV system from EHP5 to EHP7. Post upgrade we are not able to

confirm '0' hours in IW41 screen we are getting error as 'Fill  in all required entry fields'.

The 0 in the hours field is removed and the cursor is in that field waiting for an entry.

Can anybody please help us with any SAP notes or suggestion of this strange behavior of the system.

Pleas find attached the error file.

Regards,

Sumit Deb

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sumit,

From your picture I understand that you are talking about Actual Work field. (field name ISMNW_2).

This looks SPRO setting.

Go to Tcode OIZN.

D'Click on the Second line.

And, in the resulting screen, you will find the present setting for the field ISMNW_2  will be as shown below (Radio button at Req. setting) . You change this to Input. The problem should be resolved.

Possible this setting might have been set specific to Influencing field , in which case you need to go through this button for searching and changing the setting.

Good luck

KJogeswaraRao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jogeswara,

If we adopt the above settings than we will not be able to confirm 0 hrs in IW41 screen, even though the error screen is avoided. We want to finally confirm the work with 0 hours.

e.g. We are able to confirm 1.00 hrs in IW41. It is only giving us error when we are using 0 as the confirmation hour post EHP7 Upgrade.

Thanks in advance.

Sumit Deb

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's right. The same thing I am talking about. Remove the mandatory setting and see. You should be able to confirm with no value or Zero value entered. I do not see any special link to EHP. You should first have this setting and further discuss. Present error looks triggering from SPRO setting only. You remove this and if further error happens, post the error screen.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Only thing I have to check is that how the SPRO is changed? When we have not changed anything apart from EHP7 upgarde.

PM SPRO configuration changes doesn't happen without our approval and I cannot see any transport related to PM configuration..

Anyway thanks to both of you.

Regards,

Sumit Deb

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

If you have any client without EHP7 upgrade, do check it once, so this confirms whether the changes are based on upgrade.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I will

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

Jogeswara suggestion will fix your issue. Below is the note relevant to Jogeswara resolution.

2054560 - Confirmation with actual work = 0 possible although set as required entry field

This note also says about Mandatory Fields.

Regards

Terence