cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to clear cache of BO Analysis and trace its performance

Former Member
0 Kudos

[Question]

Does anyone here know about how to clear (initialize) the cache for Analysis (OLAP) and Web Intelligence?

--> Or rephrase the question as 'how to trace its performace?' if it has nothing to do with the cache.

[Backgroud]:

I am running a KPI report performance test which includes Bex, analysis (OLAP), analysis (Office), Web Intelligence, and Lumira.

By using re-generating report in 'RSRT' (Query Monitor) to initialize the report cache before report execution, and by recording and tracing the performance in 'ST05',

I was able to get the tracing result (running duration) for Bex, analysis (Office), and Lumira.
However, I failed to trace the performance about analysis (OLAP) and Web Intelligence, which actually turns out that nearly nothing is displayed.

It seems that it is because I didn't clear the cache for the web-based ones, am I right?

If so, how to clear the cache so that I can trace the performace?

Or, if it is not the right way to trace its performace by ST05, then please give me any advice on how to test its performace.

Sorry that I am a green hand in this field. Thank you guys in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chong..

To improve Query performance you need to Use OLAP Cache,

Check this link, it could help you..

http://goo.gl/krGLd9

Regards,

Vinay B

Former Member
0 Kudos

OLAP cache can be deleted in RSRT:

former_member207052
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are using chrome go to "Incognito" mode - So that your local cache is not used while rendering. (in case of IE use InPrivate)

For detailed performance testing: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-45507

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Narashimman

Thanks for your response!

I have referred to the document you have attached. It seems a little bit complicated and I have to install the tool Jmeter.

I simply want to get the duration of executing the report, just like what I have got in ST05 for tracing analysis office/lumira. After going through the document, still not quite sure whether I can make it.

former_member207052
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You just want to open the report manually and check how long it takes and you want to make sure it is not using local cache. Did I get you right? If yes, just try the below suggestion (copied from my previous post)

If you are using chrome go to "Incognito" mode - So that your local cache is not used while rendering. (in case of IE use InPrivate)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Narashimman,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I want to open the report manually and check how long it takes.

I have done this for testing the same report on Bex (Office), Analysis (Office), and Lumira, and I got the performance data in ST05 (clear the cache in advance). However, I failed for Analysis (OLAP) and Web Intelligence.

I have tried again by executing the report in chrome by Incognito mode. It seems that the performance information is still not able to be recorded in ST05.