cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Studio 1.4 SP2 cannot load infoprovider....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I installed Design Studio 1.4 SP2 add in on the  windows 2008R2 server on which i have Business Objects 4.1 SP4, also I installed the same version of design studio on my PC.

I have 4 APS-es with increased memory Xmx to 8g and w new 2 APSes with AnalysisApplicationService with Maximum Client Connections  increased to 100 and Xmx8g.

What is more I made additional clones of Dashboard Processing server and Dashboard cash server so now there are 4 each of them with memory increased to 4096M.

When I open the dashboard in Design Studio it is working, but when 8 people is trying to open it i.e. in Bilaunchpad or from Portal, half of them receive info :

Cannot load InfoProvider  "DSL/........"(data provider "DS_MTA_MIN_MAX": Exception occured during creation)

Can anyone advice? What I am missing?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing the same issue , tried above steps but did not resolve issue .

Could you please share resolution if its working for you .

Thanks,

Balvinder Singh

bw_ravi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Vignesh Haridoss,

Your solution worked for me .....

Added the following Command l.ine in Adapter Processing Server.

"-Dbusinessobjects.connectivity.directory=C:/Program Files (x86)/SAP BusinessObjects/SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0//dataAccess/connectionServer"

Thanks,

Ravindra

johannes_nissen
Explorer
0 Kudos

It helped me as well on Linux.

-Dbusinessobjects.connectivity.directory=/<your directory goes here>/bi41/sap_bobj/enterprise_xi40/dataAccess/connectionServer

Regards - Johannes

vigneshharidoss1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Pawel,

Could you check whether you are able to open in BI Launchpad with Administrator ID. If you are not able to open and getting cannot load data provider/info provider. Its is because it misses the connection command line parameters.

Please add the below mentioned parameters to Server where Analysis service is present and restart that server to take effect.

"-Dbusinessobjects.connectivity.directory=C:/Program Files (x86)/SAP BusinessObjects/SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0//dataAccess/connectionServer"

Note: You need to change the path as per your installation.

Regards,

Vignesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vignesh,

I added command line parameter in Analysis service . But still i am facing the issue.

I can execute the application locally.But when i tried to execute on BI platform i am getting the following error:

Can you please help me..

Thanks in advance..

Regards,

Preethi

vigneshharidoss1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Preethi,

This error you would get when you don't have access to Universe or Connection. I suggest you have to check access on Universe ( create/edit query right) & connection.

Please let me know if that resolve issue.

Regards,

Vignesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vignesh,

Can you please let me know how to check for access on universe?

Note: I am in administrator users in CMC

Regards,

Preethi.

marcus_dahl
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Vignesh,

I am also facing same problem. Following your suggestion did not help me.

I am using Administrator credentials.

Please suggest if there is any other suggestion for resolving this error.

CHickman72
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you, Vignesh.  This resolved my issue on a SAP BI 4.1 SP04 system with the DS 1.6 SP2 patch applied.

I updated your suggested path for my environment and added the switch to the end of the Design Studio APS server.  After restart, I was able to successfully execute the dashboard in both the Desktop client (Execute on BI Platform) and within the SAP BI Launchpad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Preethi,

Issue you are getting is because Data Services Administrator Services is not added in your APS.

1. Stop your APS server and right click on the server

2. Click on select services, and add DSA (Data Services Administrator) service

3. Start your server.

If you have done APS splitting in your environment, then you can create a clone of the original APS server and hen select your individual service of DSA and deelcted all.

If you creating a new clone server and defining its static port instead of dynamic(mainly due to firewall restriction), then please check with network/firewall team to get that port open as well.

Let me know if this resolves your issue.

Regards,

Ankit Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to add that the source database of dashboards is Oracle 11g and there is JDBC driver on the server.

BR

Pawel

nikhil_joy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can post your queries on SAP Design studio in below link for better response.

Regarding your query, since half of the users are able to access dashboard, it could be because of user authorization. Please compare user authorization of different users and see if there is any access related issue.

hope it helps.

Regards,

Nikhil Joy