cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issues installing SAPSSO.MSI from Windows 8 Server R2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We're in the process of setting up single sign-on, and the task we're struggling with is installing SAPSSO.MSI on our terminal server.

We've installed SAPSSO.MSI on our Windows 7 desktops, and it's working fine. But it's also required to be used on our terminal servers.

The terminal servers are currently running Window 8 Server R2.

What I was wondering is what exactly the installer is doing? If there are set number of tasks that we do manually that would really help.

I did come across this post () that mentions creating environment variables, but I'm not entirely sure this is all it does.

Does anyone know all the steps this installer does?

Cheers, Paul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is SNC Client present that need to be install over SAPGUI . try to install SAP SNC client on your machine

. under network if you have enable SNC that time it is only needed . check if in Yyour SAPGUI SNC is unmarked in network setting

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Paul,

What kind of issues are you facing exactly?

I would try installing in "compatibility mode" for Windows 7 and see if it then installs correctly.

Regards.

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jude,

When we installed the SAPSSO.MSI installer, after pressing the install button it went directly to finished, and didn't appear to do anything. After the install, I tested the SSO connections and got the following error:

This is a 64bit system, so we're using the gx64krb5.dll. file. But I have seen this error come up on the desktop when the SAPSSO.MSI installer hasn't been used.

Any thoughts how to get the installer to work on Windows 8 Server R2?

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

OK.so I see you are using SAPgui for Windows 7,20 which is not supported anymore ;(

You must use 7.30 or 7.40 with Windows 8, and since the 7.30 support ends next month, it makes more sense to try 7.40 gui.

With this version of the SAPGui there is also the SAP SSO Login client.

Regards,

Jude

former_member204618
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

If I recall correctly the only thing the SAPSSO.msi package does is install library gsskrb5.dll into Windows\System32 directory and sets an environment variable up called SNC_LIB with the library name.

SAP Note https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/595341 makes reference to it but the further note it suggests to read (probably the one I am remembering) isn't released!

So if the MSI package doesn't install on Windows 8 Server try copying it from one of your workstations and setting that ENV variable.

By the way the SNC Library that comes with SAPGUI 7.30 & 7.40 is only for SNC, doesn't allow SSO!

Actually sap note http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/352295 says that access to the note I mention above has to be requested

Access to note 2115486 can be requested via customer message on component BC-SEC-SNC

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Craig