cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GUI 7.40 PL3 slow

former_member206857
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I've been testing the new GUI 7.40 in my LAB.

I've used PL 2 and now PL3, I must say first thing I noticed compared to 7.30 is the latency to open a connection.

I have computers running on 7.30 PL 10, when I open a connection to a server its as fast as I click it.

I uninstall and install 7.40, and I have latency..every PC I do this test on I see it. its an easy 3-5 seconds from click the connection to open the server logon page.

7.30 was instant.

Im using the signature theme.

I did a Installation without SAP NetWeaver Business Client (NWBC)

‘Classic’ installation procedure.

Custom install to only use specific features.

It almost seems like It's doing a check, or looking for something when creating each connection.

Anyone  else see this?

I've tried every different theme, even old classic is the same performance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joshua,

same here, I am on SAPgui 7.40 PL3, connecting to anything from 6.40 to 7.40 and in between, and I often get this lag as well, regardless of the backend version (that would be quite puzzling since it did not occur with the 7.30 gui).

Sometimes it takes up to 15 seconds, but only the first time.

Other colleagues in different network segments report the same.

Regards,

Andreas Niewerth

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You can check if the gui is the cause of the issue here by capturing a "Performance Trace".

Session Traces - Netweaver Technology - SCN Wiki

Jude

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member206857
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Daniel, Thanks for the reply.

I see where you were leaning but I have SOLMAN, PI, BW and ERP boxes. All different kernel, Basis levels and so on..so I knew it wasn't that...I knew it was a global issue..either a front-end setting or a networking issue/DNS.

I checked this morning, everything was fast! Then I checked just now, everything slow...leaning me towards network.

I did what jude suggested and performed a trace, I can see latency on the server side and not front-end..so ill chalk this one up to crappy network or load times...

Thanks all!

Former Member
0 Kudos

What versioning do you have for your backend kernel, and SAP-BASIS component?  Have you updated ITS content?  I am not seeing any lag in our corporate environment while running SAP GUI 7.40 PL 3.

Have you set up any sapms<SID> port connections in your services file?

Cheers

Dan Mead