Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable conversion exit (Doamain) in a report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i have created a select option for EKPO-DISUB_PSPNR in a report.

when i passed " V* " (To find WBS elements stating with V) in the selection screen, it is giving error " WBS element V8 does not exist(msg no: ABPS021)".

In the domain PS_POSNR of the fiels DISUB_PSPNR there is a input conversion exit.

The conversion exit is giving the error message  " WBS element V8 does not exist(msg no: ABPS021)".

is there a way to suppress the conversion exit in the report ?

Please suggest me, how i can solve this issue ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Dorababu P

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

The data element you have used is for Internal number for WBS element which is actually a type NUMC 8.

What you are trying to achieve is actually having a select option  with reference to PRPS-POSID  Or CHAR24. But then you have to covert it to the internal format by selecting PSPNR from PRPS table or apply to PRPS-POSID via ABPSP INPUT conversion exit before using it as wildcard selection.

So in summary:

1. Declare the select-option of either type PRPS-POSID or CHAR24

2. Use the input value including wildcard in PRPS-POSID and fetch PSPNR from PRPS table

3. Then Use the PRPS-PSPNR in your program for further processing

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

It sounds like you have either created a parameter for the field instead of a select-option, or are passing 8 instead of * to the select option.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

What exactly you want to do? The conversion is there for a reason (to me too - not really the best one). But you should insert the values according to the output settings of the domain. If you then work with the value, you should use it's internal state.

Your message is raised by something - so what does raise it? Is it the external key itself in the screen, or is it some logic deeper?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The data element you have used is for Internal number for WBS element which is actually a type NUMC 8.

What you are trying to achieve is actually having a select option  with reference to PRPS-POSID  Or CHAR24. But then you have to covert it to the internal format by selecting PSPNR from PRPS table or apply to PRPS-POSID via ABPSP INPUT conversion exit before using it as wildcard selection.

So in summary:

1. Declare the select-option of either type PRPS-POSID or CHAR24

2. Use the input value including wildcard in PRPS-POSID and fetch PSPNR from PRPS table

3. Then Use the PRPS-PSPNR in your program for further processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rudra,

Thanks for your suggestion

Regards,

Dorababu P