cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

program id not registered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am facing an issue ineccquality where testingrfcconnection in sm59,iam getting an error " program id not registered".

Actually,itsnotreflectinginsmgw-->logon clients also, the program id which its there in sm59.

We are using singlestack. Previously, the program id was already exist and connection was working fine with no issues.

So, my concern is what changes need to be made in pi level nor basis level inorder to work this connection again.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

dipen_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer to this thread and do as given in correct answer,

The same worked for me.

Refer this for better understanding Gateway Access Control Lists - Application Server Infrastructure - SCN Wiki

Regards,

Dipen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Below are the things needs to be checked.

1)Check the secinfo and reginfo files which are located at /usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGSxx/data/secinfo and reginfo (At unix server) or you can check in SMGW->Goto->External functions->External security->Diplay(Secinfo & reginfo). Sometimes these files blocks the RFC connection, so these two files needs to be reviewed.

2) Check the if the given program is registered at target server end(If it's non-SAP system).

4)If yes, then check the right program in SMGW->Goto->Logged on clients->Program should be here.

Regards,

Nagaraj

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is actually quite funny, I've been fighting exactly the same issue half of my day today. For me, the solution was to get to know that as of Kernel Release 720, some improvements were made to the RFC connectivity security and from then on, you have implicitly permit PI to connect to the backend, using configuration in SMGW t-code, in reginfo and coninfo files. If you're also during an upgrade like me, have a look at SAP Notes 1444282, 1480644, 1633982, 1697971. Your system release is 7.41

Regards,

Greg

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Your ECC gateway parameters might have changed.

Can you check with your basis team on these parameters which you are using in your RFC destination apart from your Program Id and maintain the same in your comm channel in PI.

Please refer to this blog for more information on this error:

program not registered - ABAP Connectivity - SCN Wiki

Regards

Vishnu

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Troubleshooting step-

1. Check inboundRA - is it green (resource adapter) and make sure name of program id is same at both place.

2. If step 1 is correct - create a manual IDOC channel and give program id in that and then activate channel and then check connection. This must solve your issue. Still to ensure recommended method go to step 3

3. Ask basis to check reginfo and secinfo parameters.

Regards,

Vikas

javier_alcubilla
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram

Check the communication channel, is the responsible of register the program into the backend.

The channel must be up and running before check from sm59

Regards

Javi

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have checked in the communication channel level also..and channel is working fine.