Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Type Specific Profile Settings for Enabling Local History in SAP Personas

former_member105930
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all again,

Sorry to bombard this board but our users testing is really ramping up now and as we are getting ever nearer to being able to decide on a go-live date for our Personas build,the questions are coming at me think and fast!

The latest one was how to enable local history to mirror what we have in SAPGUI. I found the answer under Group Management, Profile Wide Settings, Type Specific Profile Settings for Text box where I entere the property value "True"

This did resolve this issue but has left me with another, which I am sure there is a simple answer to, but I must be missing it!

How do I now transport this setting to other clients, or do I have to set this up per Client?

please advise, that would be great,

many thanks in anticipation,

Ian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Type- and control-specific settings were not thought to be transportable objects, so while they can be transported, creating the transport request is all manual. They are in table /PERSOS/PROFSET so you'd have to build the transport with the appropriate table keys for the settings you want to transfer.

This would be simple but these entries are tied to either a user or (more commonly) to a group. These objects however are linked to a system via a GUID which will be most likely different between the source and target system. So you'd have to swap these GUIDs (for instance via an ABAP program) otherwise your type- or control-specific settings wouldn't have any effect since they are still tied to the originating system.

In your case, since you only need a single setting, changing the same property value manually in the target system is the simplest solution. If you'd have a more elaborate theme defined using the type/control-specific settings, then this is not as straightforward (and error-prone) so doing it via transport is the way to go but you'd have to deal with making sure the GUID link to the new system is correct.

I had to do the latter at a customer so I know it's doable but it's not a trivial task. I'm not sure how many customers are really using these settings for theming... if there were a lot of such cases, it'd be worth building a more generic program to take care of the necessary adjustments.

Just a word of caution with turning on the local history on a generic level: I did this last year at a customer and (at least at that time) this caused a problem with some flavors hanging or sessions getting disconnected, due to a lot of input fields on a single screen. I don't know if this is still an issue but I remember I had to reset this setting and only enable it for the fields where this feature was really necessary, to avoid the problem.

former_member105930
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

Thanks for the reply. It certainly sounds like changing the property value in the target system for Control Text box is the way to go, however, (and I can only apologise for asking yet another question related to this), when I go to the target system no controls seem to exist and Im unable to edit them:

Have I missed something?

thanks Tamas,

Ian

Mohanraj
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please implement SAP note 1869640 which will copy settings from client 000.

Regards,

Mohan