Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch Flavor Issue in Personas 2 SP3

former_member105930
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I see that now when using Switch Flavor in SP3 you can no longer write the Flavor name but have to use the flavor id.

Switch Flavor by Flavor ID

The "Switch flavor" script action now works with a flavor ID instead of the flavor name. This helps in switching to the correct flavor when there are multiple target flavors with the same name. The flavor ID can be obtained using the select control button in the script editor window as shown below. The flavor ID can also be copied to the system clipboard by double-clicking on the flavor name in the flavor bar in edit mode. This is useful to add a switch flavor action into the script where the flavor is of another transaction.

I have encountered the following issue and wonder if anyone else has had this issue?

When using Switch flavor you now use the 'picker' to click on the flavor you wish to switch to. This is fine if you are in the transaction that contains the flavors, not so good if you are on as in my case the main SMEN screen as the flavor is not available to pick.

that aside, I then went to the actual transaction (in my case migo), added  a script button just to use the switch flavor scripting, this enabled be to use the picker to select the flavor, thus providing me with the GUID of the flavor.

This I then simply copied, and pasted back into the original script on my smen flavor.

All fine so far...until I exported all the flavors and then imported them into my target client. My script containing the switch flavor failed at the point of switching flavor with the following error:

I have checked my script in the source system and can see the flavor id is the same:

D067E5E6A18B1EE4AC8D11EC3DDCA251

Yet if I check the same flavor in the target client it gives me this:

782BCB5A29A91EE583B7F21BEB899476

So my flavors have different GUID's in my DEV and QAS system.

Am I missing something?

thanks,

Ian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

As mentioned in documentation "The flavor ID can also be copied to the system clipboard by double-clicking on the flavor name in the flavor bar in edit mode. This is useful to add a switch flavor action into the script where the flavor is of another transaction.", you can go to MIGO and open Personas editor (edit any flavor) and double click on your flavor name to copy its id to clipboard which can then be paste into your script step on SMEN. It will help in avoiding creation of script button and then adding switch flavor step in it just to copy flavor id.

Coming to flavor id issue, when you export and import a flavor from one system to another, flavor id changes (generated on target system - for same reason if you export and import back to same system, new flavor is created everytime) and you need to update the id in switch flavor step. Instead if you use transport request to move flavor from source system to target system then the flavor id's will remain same.

Hope that helps.

Thanks

Chinthan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member105930
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Just to update this call, my issue with switching flavors was due to amending scripts which already had switch flavors in.

When I amended them I had to put the GUID in, which was fine in the source system, but because as Chinthan and Tamas both mentioned the GUID for each flavor will change if you import and export them, the switch flavor subsequently failed in the target system.

To resolve this I removed the flavors from the target system, created a transport fro all these flavors, and transported them to the target system, so all works fine now.

Thanks again to Tamas and Chinthan for setting me straight with this issue.

thanks,

Ian

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Transporting a flavor should not change its GUID.

Are you sure you didn't already have a flavor for the same transaction with the same name in the target system? In this case you'd see different GUIDs for two flavors with the same name.

Also, flavors are linked to a system in Flavor Management. After transporting a flavor, you'd have to change this link to the new system, otherwise your transported flavor wouldn't work in the target system.