cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expected Event Extraction - Customization vs. Functions

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been attempting to utilize the customization for expected event extraction and I have run into the following hangups:

Preliminary Note:

Within the enviornment I'm trying to build I need all of the expected events from planned FOs/FBs to be displayed within the FUs. Additionally, not all of the expected events will have an expected time, date, or location; so I'm just trying to list the event as an expected event with no data.

1. Is it possible through customization to extract the expected events from a FO/FB to the FUs? Meaning that when a FO/FB is created the expected events that are extracted for the FO/FB event handlers will also be displayed as expected events in the FUs.

2. For those events that I'm trying to extract with no location, date, or time; if my first extraction entry (which sorts by alphabetic order) is blank then I'm getting a dump. Is this an SAP issue that has a Note or is there another way I should extract the event instead of just leaving all fields blank. See reference photos:

I can get the events to extract correctly if my customization looks like this; notice that the first entry has an extraction field:

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jacob,

Yes, propagation of the events to a predecessor document is possible. Please check the following configuration for the same.

For the 2nd question:

You can also choose to use the std. extraction function and use expected event profile to map to custom events. In the expected event profile mapping, you can use the "No date" and Set Location check etc. to clear the data for the events you don't want to have any data.

Rewards points if helpful.

Thanks,

Deb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reponse:

1. I'm not trying to propagate the reported events but rather propagate the expected events list from the FO/FB to the FU when the order/booking is created.

2. If I used the std. extraction function won't have I need to update the extraction function if I want to add new events? I see there is also a way to extract events without using the function but rather through customization as shown in my screenshot.

It's my understanding the expected event profile is just a profile but not what's will be populated in a handler unless you specifically extract them, correct?

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jacob,

you need to create your own Expected Event Data Extractor.

The customizing based extraction from you screenshot is not recommended to use with TM as TM uses BOPF and the extraction cannot really handle it.

Best regards,
Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

So are you saying that customized expected event data extractors are not recommended for SAP TM? The extraction should be done through the extraction functions instead??

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, if you want to change the standard scenario you have to copy and adjust the standard coding.

Best regards,

Steffen

Answers (0)