cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigation between windows of used components

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have two WD components - main and popup (popup is a different component so that it can be re-used by other applications). I have declared the pop-up as a used component in the main component and I want to restrain from doing vice-versa for obvious reasons (Do not want a specific component to be used by a generic component)

Now,

When I click on a link in my main component, I want my existing window to be replaced by the window of the popup. For this, I fire an outbound plug from my main component's view to the the window of the popup. The pop-up has a back button, on click of which I should be back in the main component's window. If I create an Outbound Plug from the popup component's window and link it to the inbound plug of any of my main's view/window, it does not work.

Else, if I create a usage of the main component in the popup component, and then fire the outbound plug from popup to used component, I do get back to the window of the main component but all the data in the context is gone and I get empty displays (because a new instance has been created for the main component, so old data is not there)

Does anyone know how to make such a thing work. Or is there a better idea to pull off such a scenario neatly?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha.

You could embedd the window of the popup component in a view of the main

component. Then you can set the back button in the view of the main component

and handle the navigation in your main component. This way it would be simple.

Cheers,

Sascha

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sascha,

Thanks a lot. That solved it!

Regards,

Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

main :

create an inbound plug called main for example.

create an outbound plug called next for example.

Popup :

create an inbound plug called pouup

create an outboundplug called back for example.

Now in your window find your plugs and create navigation plugs :

back for main

next for popup.

i hope this helps.

Regards