Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

@prompt:

former_member283957
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I want to create a Dimension object "INPUT" of type Number with the Prompt function in the Universe

Adding this object in the report.

When I execute the report, it will prompt ' INPUT A NUMERIC VALUE :' Once I enter  a numeric value  into the Dimension object "INPUT" , It will calculate a "ratio"  using a function which use the numeric value of the the Dimension object "INPUT" .

I will show the new calculate value "ratio" in the report.

In the where clause of the properties of the new Dimension object "INPUT"

I write the sentence :

@prompt('INPUT A NUMERIC VALUE : ', 'N', 'Documentos_validos1\INPUT', mono, constrained)   but I get one error invalid definition UNV0023

Am I writting the @prompt correctly ?

How can I solve this trouble?

I am using MySQL as Data Base

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards.

Antonio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You haven't said what you want your @prompt to equal in your where clause.

As a side issue, it's not good practice to use the where clause as you could end up with incorrect data when using more than one object with where clauses.

former_member283957
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you very much.

You mean that I must equal @prompt to some object

object=@prompt('INPUT A NUMERIC VALUE : ', 'N', 'Documentos_validos1\INPUT', mono, constrained)

Am i right?

Thanks in advance

Antonio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes.

You could have something like:

CASE WHEN @Prompt(.....) = 1 THEN table1.colA WHEN @Prompt(.....) = 2 THEN table2.colA ELSE table3.ColA END

former_member283957
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark Prosser,

Could you please answer when you have time  my last discussion:

Using of variables in web intelligence rich client

I am BO developer which is workin in Madrid Spain.

How can I keep in contact with you?

Best Regards.

Antonio

Former Member
0 Kudos

On here is fine. I'm on at least every other day (apart from weekends!)

I'll take a look at your other topic soon.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member207052
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To do this in a web-I report:

I've explained about how to achieve this static standalone prompt in web-I in the following post.

The post will refer to a date object, just replace it with a "number" dimension and you should be able to achieve what you want.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3746457

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

@prompt syntax is correct.But in your object screenshot you haven't selected any thing in the select part.You need to select one object where you want to put the restriction.

former_member283957
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you very much, but

I dont want to put any restriction just to to create a Dimension object "INPUT" of type Number with the Prompt function in the Universe where I can enter any numeric value into the Dimension object "INPUT" in order to calculate a ratio using a function which use the numeric value of the the Dimension object "INPUT" and to  show the new calculate value "ratio" in the report.