cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Metapedia - Assign Term to Data Insight Views ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

So I am able to assign Terms to Tables that I have connected to, and to Data Insight Rules.

However, I am unable to associate Terms with Views created in Data Insight.

When I say 'unable' , I mean that when I am in the 'associate objects' search screen, none of my views return in the search results.

First question then, is whether this is intended or not ?

Am I supposed to be able to do this, or for some reason it was never meant to be ?

Obviously the next question, is if I am supposed to be able to do this ... why can't I ?

Hope someone can provide some insight ?

Many Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Simon

A Metapedia term cab be associated with a data insight rule and/or data insight key data domain.

A metapedia term can also be associated with data insight connection tables thru Metadata Management Data Insight metadata objects. The data insight connection will show only the table definitions, but not the views, that's because the views are internal Information Steward metadata objects built on top of the data insight connection objects (i.e tables). I think it makes sense for SAP to allow associating terms to view objects. I dont think its supported now, but hopefully in the future releases.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sreeram,

at least now I know not to keep investigating how to do this !

Does seem weird, Terming up the source and the destination.... but nothing in between.

Not sure what the intent was or logic behind this.

Thanks for the confirmation anyway

Answers (0)