Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC 6 EHP7 new installation

luca_riscaldino
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to install in a new VM with a full ECC6 server and i'd like to use the Solution Manager.

Which are the correct steps for do it? Can i perform and trace all activity with SolMan?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

luca_riscaldino
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

No till now i don't thought about one specific scenario.

I want to install a new SAP demo system with ECC6 and i like to know if the Solution Manager help me on the installation activity or not.

I'm reading now more documentation and is not clear for me if i can install the Solution Manager before in order to have a support during all the installation steps.

For example: the definition of a specific scenario is performed before the SAP installation? Or i need to install the ERP and after i can install the solution manager in order to manage a specific scenario?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luca,

there is not a guided way in Solution Manager, to come automated to an ERP installation. The Solution Manager is not doing anythings automated for you.

What you can do in SolMan is to use application MOPZ (Maintenance Optimizer) to select all needed downloads for a fresh ERP or IDES installation. But you can do this also in the service marketplace of sap manually (Software Downloads | SAP Support Portal).

You need in detail:

- complete ERP oder IDES installation package for version 600

- SWPM (Software Provisioning Manager in highest support package)

Kind regards,

Christoph

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

There are media in the SAP Service Marketplace that allow you to install a plain 'EHP7 ready' ECC system. Then, in order to install technical usages, you need Maintenance Optimizer .

The Maintenance Optimizer configuration guide: https://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-35437

You need the Maintenance Optimizer configuration guide after the general Solution Manager installation guide.

If in doubt about how to install EHP7 for ERP 6.0, I suggest you read more about Enhancement Packages: http://service.sap.com/erp-ehp .

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

luca_riscaldino
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,  Thanks for your support.

The link https://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-35437 is not available. May you send me the correct full path?

Regards

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

all the Maintenance Optimizer documents should be here:

Maintenance Optimizer - Solution Manager - SCN Wiki

I see that the 'Maintenance planning guide', which is sort of the master guide for Maintenance Optimizer configuration, has a dead link. I don't know the time frame for the resolution of this issue. I will try to get in touch with the responsible of this document.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

What do you actually intend to do with the Solution Manager system? What are the scenarios that the ECC system will be used in?

Have you got a clear overview of the different available Solution Manager scenarios?

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

luca_riscaldino
Explorer
0 Kudos

I don't understand if using the Solution Manager i can manage a new SAP ERP installation.

I thought about this hypothetical flow:

1. Install Solution Manager

2. Create a new Project with Solution Manager

3. Manage new DB and ECC6 installation using my project in the Solution Manager

It's right or the Solution Manager is used only with an already existing SAP?

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have not done this

Always worked with existing systems.

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am still not sure what you exactly need from solution manager ?

Can you brief me this again ?

Regards,