Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal char. ID for formula characteristics

daniel_titze3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

i need to maintain a internal ID for formula characteristics because i want to use them during IDOC mapping.

Unfortunately this field is disabled for formula characteristics. I could active it with TC SFAW but this would be a modification and i don't know the consequences.

Does any one have an idea why this field is disabled for formula charc.? And is there non modification way to activate it?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Best Regards

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The reason it's not available is that SAP assumes you are only exchanging actual test results.  You wouldn't normally have an outside lab perform the calculation for you.  If they do, you just have it transferred as anothered referenced characteristic. No need to mark it as calculated or creaete a formula.

It is expected the results of all the input values for the calculated charcteristic would come via the electronic exchange and then SAP will perform the calculation of any calculated characteristics once results are received.

I understand their reasoning to a degree. If there is a formula loaded in SAP behind a MIC, and a result were to transfer in from an outside lab for that characteristic, along with the values of characteristics that feed into the calculation, than what rules should SAP use?  Do they recalculate it with the formula you set up?  Do they accept the outside value?  What if the outside value is just a bit off from what SAP would calculate due to rounding or something?  Which one does it take?

So you either transfer the value as you would any other result, or you do the calculation yourself in your SAP system.

Craig

Ayoub_Habchi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Completely agree.

Thanks Craig for your explanation.

Regards,

Ayoub.

daniel_titze3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks both of you.

This sounds to me like i could modify that without running into technical issues here.

Why am i asking this.

Our scenario here is maybe a little odd:

-My company as well as our subsidaries are in one SAP client represented each by a different plant

-One of our subsidaries produces a material and sells that to us. It comes with an CoA

-We just resell that material. But we want to create our own CoA

-Process right now is to transfer the results by hand from sub CoA into own inspection lots (we create these lots also for checking the packing etc.)

-My Idea now was to use the standard CoA idoc functionalites to get rid of the manual transfering

-For that i need the mapping of Characteristics which works best with Internal char. ID.

-A few of the sub CoA results are formulas

Things i thought about as well:

-Using batch classification to store the results. Unfortunately my department is strictly against reference characteristics

-Create own routines in coa model to read results from sub inspection lots. I'm a little afraid of that because we would have to create an own mapping table with decimal places etc. Also we would not notice if sub changes characters etc. With the idoc way we would notice every result missing.

Best Regards

Daniel

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you looked at doing inspection lot copy functionality?  I beleive you'll have to do some development in it but it might resolve this issue since everything is internal to the process.

Craig

daniel_titze3
Explorer
0 Kudos

I was not aware of that functionality.

I'll take a look into that.

Thanks for the hint.

Edit: That is actually a pretty good way of doing it. Just a small lines of coding necessary.

Thanks again.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

arunsapqm
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Try with complete copy model MIC option & also check the following Link

Thanks & Regards

Ayoub_Habchi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

This is probably too late, but as per sap,  you cannot enter data in the field in the following cases:

• The inspection characteristic refers to a (not-locked) master inspection characteristic.
  • The inspection characteristic is a calculated characteristic.
  • Classed results recording is defined for the inspection characteristic.

I think there might be some technical reason behind this.

Regarding your requirement,  if it is not yet solved, what is the nature of the interface you are trying to build? is it an IDI interface ?

Regards,

Ayoub.