cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecast deletion in ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We release forecast for some SKU's to ECC. We have maintained a selection profile in DP and release forecast monthly to ECC. I have a requirement  to delete forecast for all months expect current month in ECC at MD63 automatically. Currently its done as manually activity by user. Please let me know how can I do this, what settings to be maintained ?

TIA

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure why you want to do this though you should use MD74. But still if you want to do this you can write a custom program with BAPI BAPI_REQUIREMENTS_CHANGE. In this you can have selection screen with periods. Create one variant for past (if required) and one for future excluding current month.

Let us know if it resolved your issue.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How can I use MD74, Can you please explain in detail.

TIA

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

Not sure why you are deleting this in first place. If you send the data again it will anyways overwrite everything.

Anyways, go through the attach document/link

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-46691

Try in your testing environment though don't think it's going to resolve your issue as you are asking for specific month.

If you have hard requirement which still I am not sure why its there could be handled in a way from APO also. Let me know how this worked for yourself.

regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Forecast releases to ECC Mid of every month for one market. Requirement is to delete Future months PIR and last months. say we r in july our forecast releases on 15th of July. before that PIR for Aug to future and June months PIR has to be deleted. As per ur previous reply future automatically gets over written ? How about last months ? It tried MD76 but didnt get expected results

TIA

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Power,

/SAPAPO/MD74 program /SAPAPO/RM60RR20; Forecast adjustment and delete selected forecast.

You can choose Requirements Date for your selection and Option 'Send deletion to ERP' is to be set in the transaction /SAPAPO/MD74.

Please refer 1389633 - The forecast deletion is not sent to R/3.

Then you can delete the forecast orders in APO and R/3 using /SAPAPO/MD74.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm looking for deletion in ECC, I think it works in snp deletion

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can do it though MD62

Requirement Plan =  *

Enter your Plant  =

Select your active Version

Date Range in Planning Horizon From and To Date

Next screen select all and delete them

Also refer,

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I was thinking the same thing but doesn't seem to work that way.

I deleted my plant from OPM8.

But there is a default value in the OPM8 table with plant = "*" that can not be deleted.

Delete not possible as entry * contains default values

Message no. 6P701

So I have PIR created via MD61 which created a IndReq VSF element visible in MD04.

I run MD75 with a reorganization date far into the future and the PIR is not being deleted.

I don't see anything listed in the SCN   or OSS 135807:  Reorganization of planned independent requirements

that says it will delete future PIR's for positive values.   My values are not zero. 

If it should work I will raise an OSS message to verify with SAP why it is not working.

Ken

2. Reorganization of schedule lines (Transaction MD75):

The system checks which planned independent requirements were set to zero - either by reduction or consumption or by "requirement adjustment".Schedule lines that have a quantity of zero before key date are deleted from database

And OSS 135807:  Reorganization of planned independent requirements (consulting) says:

2. MD75 (RM60RR30): Delete Old Requirements Records:This transaction also consists of two parts:

a) Deletion of all planned independent requirements schedule lines from table PBED which have a planned quantity of zero.If you mark checkbox "Do not delete non-empty withdrawal quantity" on the selection screen, only those schedule lines are deleted of which the planned quantity and simultaneously the withdrawal quantity is zero.

b) Deletion of all item records from table PBIM for which no longer any schedule line records and any history records exist.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ken,

In ECC you can do this with MD74, MD75.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I wish it was that simple.

MD74/MD75 will ONLY delete/reorg PIR that exist in the past.

I want to delete PIR's that exist in the future. 

Both of these tcode use the Reorg Period set in OMP8  but you can only enter a positive value. 

Ken

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can delete the future PIR you have an option of Key date without reorganization period.

The key date refers to the to-date of the reorganization

OMP8 to mention the Period for requirements consumption only in some positive value.

Period which determines from which date that data is reorganized.This date is calculated by

subtracting the entered number of days from the current date.  All data which is older than this date

will be reorganized.

Refer SAP note 135807 - Reorganization of planned independent requirements (Consulting)

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar