SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unbundling and Transaction IQ03

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello together,

I have a short question regarding the subject of Unbundling and the fact, accessing electricity data using Transaction IQ03.

At the moment we are working with one-contract model in the IS-U but preparing to implement the 2-contract-model.

But until then we had to implement a short-term-solution that our distribution employees are not allowed to view the electricity data.

So we took them also the authorization for using transaction IQ03 (Display device).

The problem is, that they can not view any gas meter as well.

Now my question is:

how did you handle it, that they still can use transaction IQ03 but do not see any electricity meter ?

I have looked in OSS but I did not find a solution for it.

I am very thankfull for your help.

Kind regards,

Manuel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manuel,

If you are looking for a short term solution why not go for a custom report based on SAPMIEQ0 (report for IQ03)

Show the same screen as IQ03 and before showing the device check if its for Electricity or not.

Give this report a z transaction code and assign it to your distribution users.Don't give authorization for IQ03.

It won't take an ABAPer more than 30 min. to get this done.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Rakesh..

sapisurdg.wordpress.com

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manuel,

Can you check the authorisation object E_INSTLN and E_INSTLN3.

These auth. objects gets called during the execution of transaction IQ03.

You can use Billing Class (Auth.object-E_INSTLN) to seprate the role profile for gas and electricity meter.Morover, you can use service type (Auth.object-E_INSTLN3) to segregate the gas and elec profiles, if you have a separate maintained seperate service types for electricity and gas.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hello Amlan,

thank you for the hint with the authorization objects.

I have checked these for the corresponding users and they all are not allowed to see the electricity installations. But somewhere it still is mentioned and I can not figure out where. The solution Rakesh mentioned is for me the last choice because I would assume, that there is a SAP-Standard-way of solving this.

Do you maybe know, how others solved this issue ?

At the moment we want to put in the values for the service type, because it is one that is needed for the deregulation. But so far the value in this fieled is not existing.

Thank you,

Manuel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manuel,

If you are looking for a short term solution why not go for a custom report based on SAPMIEQ0 (report for IQ03)

Show the same screen as IQ03 and before showing the device check if its for Electricity or not.

Give this report a z transaction code and assign it to your distribution users.Don't give authorization for IQ03.

It won't take an ABAPer more than 30 min. to get this done.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Rakesh..

sapisurdg.wordpress.com

0 Kudos

Hello Rakesh,

thank you for your reply.

True, that is a solution, but this is the one I would choose, if I do not have any / kind of SAP-Standard-Solution. And of course, I have already the concept for it

Because, every other utility company within the deregulated area has to deal with this issue and for me it is hard to imagine, that they all did some customer-specific development to meet that requirement.

You know, what I mean ?

Cheers,

Manuel

0 Kudos

Hi Manuel,

Sorry for the late reply.

Have you tried the authorization objects similar to what is mentioned in this document(very nicely written and explained).

My Thinking : Create 2 Auth objects for Electricity and Gas and allocate this in the master data of the Equipment/Material. Allocate the Auth objects to the role and the users. Now use transaction IQ09 making the parameter 'AuthorizGroup' mandatory to be filled. I guess it should work.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Rakesh..

sapisurdg.wordpress.com

0 Kudos

Hello Rakesh,

thank you for your answer and help.

I will check with the suggestion you made and discuss it with our developer 🙂

Thank you very much for your time and effort.

Kind regards,

Manuel