Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to delete unwanted calculation view

chenna_koyyagura
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I am facing an issue while deleting an unwanted calculation view from my development Hana box as below,

When i open the calculation view i see a waring saying

And the user who might have open this view right now unavailable. Could you please give me some instructions how to handle this case.!!

Thanks in advance for your help.!

Best Regards

Chenna Koyyagura

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chinna,

There can be another reason also, lets say you created a calculation view named CA_ABX , this calculation view was built using two other calculation views called CA_AX and CA_BX.

Now if you try to delete the calculation view named CA_AX it will through the above mentioned the error for you.

As calculation view named CA_AX is being used in the CA_ABX you have to first delete the calculation view named CA_AX from the CA_ABX, you will get to know these details from the where used list section of SAP HANA Studio.

Regards,
Sharath

chenna_koyyagura
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sharath,

Thanks for the response.

But in our case, it's just a test object and we have checked that it's no where used.

Best Regards

Chenna Koyyagura

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chenna,

If you don't want those objects anymore, just delete the entries from SYS tables.

Under _SYS_REPO user you have tables 'ACTIVE_OBJECT' and 'INACTIVE_OBJECT'. check where you have the entry and delete it.

Regards,

Venkat N.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RashmiAcharya
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Chenna,

Please have a look at below blog:

http://scn.sap.com/community/hana-in-memory/blog/2013/05/02/inactive-versions-of-objects--switch-own...

You can follow from Step5 onwards. Once the view ownership is switched to your user, then try deleting the view.

Regards,

Rashmi

chenna_koyyagura
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

Thanks for the response.

FYI; As you suggested I followed the steps mentioned in the blog. But at 7th step i didn't see any models available to switch the ownership.!!  Am i missing something.!!

Best Regards

Chenna Koyyagura

RashmiAcharya
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Chenna,

Then I guess that view is not consistant. You can follow the steps below,

• Open quick launch and click on Activate button
  • Once the activation wizard comes up, Click on Remove All (if all inactive views are listed in right side list)
  • Click on the view you wanto delete from left side list and add it to right side
  • Click on activate
  • Once the job is finished check the package for the view (It should not list the above view)

Regards,

Rashmi