Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiresource flag: MTr vs. actual resource

former_member194343
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

the flag "Multiresource" can be set in a Means of Transport definition in customizing, which is well-known and -documented. What confuses me is that this flag can also be set in the General Data tab when defining a vehicle resource. This setting seems to be independent of the setting in the MTr customizing (there are also fields for passive MTr and no direct load, but these are read-only and taken over from the MTr customizing). Does anyone know why this setting is there and how it interferes with the setting in MTr customizing?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186731
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the MTR values should be used as defaults, but can be overwritten in the concrete multi-resource. Your planning scenario should pick-up those resource based values.

Regards,

Marcus

former_member194343
Participant
0 Kudos

Umm ok... seems somewhat inconsistent/intransparent to me, though. If I define a MTr as multiresource with say 20 units available and I create a resource with this MTr and multiresource unchecked, I get 20 units of this resource available for planning. However, if I check multiresource and enter a value of 10, I get only 10, right?

former_member186731
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, the MTR itself is meant to be kind of a type defining general attributes. When used in the resource those values are taken as default, but can be overwritten. Of course there is some overlap in the multi-resource scenario (as you would usually only have a single resource instance, so a 1:1 relation).

Yes, you would get 10.

Answers (0)