cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report problem with images on 13.0.5 and 13.0.13

0 Kudos

Hello,

I’m working with Crystal Reports 13.0.5 for .NET and when I try to export some reports with jpg images to pdf file I get the following error:

“Error in File Car8D6 {BC9D3F6E-0EAE-4AAF-843C-1A329FD96061}.rpt: The request could not be submitted for background processing.”

I found article about problems with jpg files in CMYK mode (http://scn.sap.com/thread/3577368).

Because I don’t know if all images are in RGB format (I assumed that some images are in CMYK) I upgraded Crystal Report engine to 13.0.13 (Supplement Pack 13).

After installing, I ran the same report and I got the following error: “The system cannot find the path specified.”

I added try/catch section to ReportDocument.Export method and I got the following info:

at

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): The system cannot find the path specified.

at

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.Controllers.ReportSourceClass.Export(ExportOptions pExportOptions, RequestContext pRequestContext)

at

CrystalDecisions.ReportSource.EromReportSourceBase.ExportToStream(ExportRequestContext reqContext)

at

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.FormatEngine.ExportToStream(ExportRequestContext reqContext)

at

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.FormatEngine.Export(ExportRequestContext reqContext)

at

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Export(ExportOptions options)

at

RptUIControl.ReportManager.ExportReportToPDF(String filePath, Int32 startPage, Int32 endPage, Boolean useBookMark)

I got the error on .NET 4 and .NET 4.2 with all upgrades from MS (Windows Server 2012).

Should I upgrade 13.0.5 to 13.0.13 as workaround the CMYK issue?

How can I fix the “path not found” issue?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomaz

I'm a bit confused on the update question. IN one part of your query you say:

I upgraded Crystal Report engine to 13.0.13

then at the end you ask:

Should I upgrade 13.0.5 to 13.0.13

In any case, SP 14 was released last week, so do update to that (use the install exe on your development computer - not the MSM or MSI).

I do not think CMYK is the issue here. Rather, I'd like you to try to determine what it is the report is not finding a path to. E.g.; this:  “The system cannot find the path specified.” does not identify the object.

Also, please see the following re: "background processing" error:

Crystal Reports for .NET - Troubleshooting the "Background Processing Error" message

Also, enter the search term 'crystal background processing' in the search box in top right corner. The filter for SAP Notes (left side of page). That will give you a number of KBAs that will be worthwhile taking a peek at.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply.

"Should I upgrade 13.0.5 to 13.0.13" – I asked because I was not sure if CMYK was a reason and if upgrading to 13.0.13 was good decision.

Meanwhile, I did some test with CMYK images and I can confirm that CMYK is not a reason of my problem.

When I tried export my report with 1000 images (about 800k/ image) I got the mentioned error, but when I tried export report with 700 images the export was created with no error. However, after second attempt I got “out of memory” error. After third attempt I got “invalid pointer” error.

Moreover, I discovered that memory usage is still growing.

It looks like memory leak problem.

In list of fixed issues for 13.0.13 is information about fixing a memory leak during export to PDF so that’s why I tried 13.0.13.

Now, I’m downloading 13.0.14 and I’m going to test it out.

“The system cannot find the path specified.” – this error is very strange because I did not any change in my source.

The same code on 13.0.5 is working (I don’t have this error) and for small reports I can do export to PDF file.

After upgrading, I tested the same report with the same pdf target path and as the same user.

=====================

As fresh update:

On 13.0.14 export to pdf works correctly up to 2550 images.

At 2600 I have “The system cannot find the path specified” error but I did simple calculation and: 2550 (number of images) x 0.8 (MB per image) = 2040 MB very close 2GB.

It seems to be memory limitation - by design?.

Good news: memory level is stable there is no memory leak as previous.

Answers (0)