cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relation between PP and PLM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have one end-to-end implementation cycle implementation experiance in PP module. But I want to explore other modules and would like to know how PLM can help me in my carrier and specifically which PLM component.

Would like all the GURU over there to help me.

Thnaks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member

Hi,

Even i started with PP and then implemented successfully PLM solution at one of the hight tech indutry, to work with PLM, PP background is very much essential, as you will be working with BOM, Product Structure Browser, Engineering change management, Order Change Management, DMS, all these becomes the first part, i.e. Product Data Management (PDM) but your real PLM is now CFolders & Cprojects along with the Integrations with R/3 (FICO mainly) & various other ERP systems too.

So, if you are PP then getting into PDM would be easy rather directly jumping to CFolders & Cprojects as it should be your next step.

Regards

Rehman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr Engineer ,

There is quite a lot of relation between PP and PLM in terms how a product is concieved , (using a Engg BOM,CAD Integration , config Mgmt ,Document mgmt etc) and how the first prototype is built and ultimately how it is produced.

LDM deals with all ...

If a PLM solution is implemented for a engineering /manufacturing industry then PP and good knowledge in Material managament is a must.

If you are looking for a CAREER then you should stop looking for "CARRIER"

All the best.

Satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Product Lifecycle Management is a collection of solutions with which you digitally create, maintain and make available product information in the whole company and for the entire life cycle of a product.

PLM offers you the functions with which you can achieve the following aims:

The Workplace is an open portal in the World Wide Web and offers you access to all information and applications that you require to work effectively with all internal and external business partners.

PLM links the management of product and process data with other Internet applications such as Program Management, Change and Configuration Management and Engineering Collaboration. By using these applications, you improve coordination and cooperation during the execution of your business processes.

You do not just make your product knowledge (for example, document, product structure or project information) available to colleagues in your company, using the Internet , your external business partners are also brought directly into the communication chain.

Please refer to the following links -

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/08/98a238018eb63de10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

http://www.sogeti.nl/images/92_1.0_FC_tcm6-17546.pdf

Hope this helps you.