Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC to Connection Dashboard

former_member589680
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Expert,

I want to connect as Front End Dashboard and Backend Database ECC Tables, without using BICS Connection ,

Particularly , if i want to Extract data from SD , MM , or any functional module then is it complementary through SAP BI - Bex Query is the only intermediate way or any possibility to connect without Bex Query, ( BICS Connection)

Thanking you

Waiting for Reply

- Jatin Chauhan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jatin,

Check the below link :

former_member589680
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you to share this useful Document ,

I will check out put and let you know .

Thank you .,

former_member182293
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create a function and create a web service from directly ECC with soamanager. You can connect SAP ECC over web service easily. I believe this is the best way.

former_member589680
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you to share your experience,

in Previous Project i worked with Static Web service only it means i was able to fetch the data from standard master data only but not from customized tables ,

Will you please help me to create dynamic web service ?

And web service will perform well as like trustable SAP BI Extraction & Modeling ? is it efficient & accurate ?

- thnak you for your time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jatin,

Till Current version of Dashboard there is no connectivity to ECC database directly.

Either you have to create universe , then you can use that universe in dashboard through query browser  or another option is BeX query.

Regards,

Nishant

former_member589680
Participant
0 Kudos

Nishant Sir,

Thank you for your quick Reply .

Regards

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you check the below link. May be not the direct way its a workaround. If not you can follow the options given by hari.

SAP BSP + BO-Xcelsius (Excel XML Maps Connection)

former_member589680
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you sir,

I will let you know.

- Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jatin,

I don't think we can directly connect to dashboard  from ECC. Few days back I had similar requirement and I asked ABAP team to develop a function module and based on that I created Universe. By using relation connection I developed the universe through IDT. This universe I am directly connecting to Dashboard through Add Query.

Thanks,

Krishna

former_member589680
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Hari Krishna,

Will you please suggest me steps or if you created document then give me link else let me know your blog's link , if you updated.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jatin,

1. First you need to develop a Function Module with the Help of ABAP Consultant.       
  2. Try do all the calculations or formulas at the ECC level. So that you can directly map your objects and the performance would be good.
  3. Open the IDT and create a relation connection for your Function Module.
  4. After publishing the connection, create data foundation on the required function module.
  5. Create business layer on the data foundation and  publish this to the repository and save in the universe folder.
  6. Now in the dashboard you can open the universe through add query. In the query browser we can add necessary objects and create dashboards .
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jatin,

Addition to those steps go through the below URL.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-41945

Regards,

Krishna

former_member589680
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you sir,

I will let you know.

- Regards