cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am new to SAP HCM...I am now into HCM Implementation..How to start the HCM WDA Implementation

surendra_garapati11
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I am new to SAP HCM...I am now into HCM Implementation..How to start the HCM WDA Implementation..What are the Prerequisites to Start the WDA applications and HR process and forms.?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Look at the sap std delivered HR WDA apps and build ur new apps in same/similar format.

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

WHOA! You have quite a mountain to climb.

First, learn ABAP OO and working/using/creating BAdI implementations.

Second, learn WDA programming which will build on your ABAP OO knowledge. Also, learn workflow which you can use your ABAP OO skills with as well.

Third,, learn Floorplan Manager (FPM) for ABAP which is a framework of sorts for WDA.

Fourth, HCM Processes and Forms  uses all of the above...and yet, you still will have TONS to learn. Come back once you are on step 4 which should be about at least 6 months from now.

surendra_garapati11
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thank you for your suggestions...

I have already worked on OOPS abap , WDA and FPM in SAP ECC(SD AND MM).

But never worked on HR.How to start the Hcm implementation for the payroll ess and mss...etc.

Knowledge on HR should be mandatory or not..Any differences between HCM and other modules when working with WDA & FPM..

Awaiting for your kind reply...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surendra,

Only diff between HR and other modules is the Infotype concept.

Other modules pick master data from tables, in HR they are stored in tables called as Infotypes.

Surely info on Master data infotypes, PY and PY Cluster's are much needed to know where data is coming and where it is going on.

HR is all about DATA & DATES ie data of a employee and dates, unique for that data.