cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Career Shift from SAP Bid Manager to SAP Functional Consultant

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Currently i am working with SAP Consulting Firm as Bid Manager, Over all I have 5 years of Experience all in to (SAP) Pre-Sales and Bid Management and worked for all Major Geographies (North America , APAC , EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa)  and have worked for customers in E&U, Automotive and Manufacturing also worked extensively on Government Space and now i am planning to start my next phase of career in SAP Delivery and willing to opt for SAP SD Module and mover towards SAP CRM. (I am Currently using SAP CRM for tracking and Managing our Sales activities as well)

I am Planning to complete my certification form a very reputed SAP Partner.

Please suggest me opportunities and Challenges i can have in this transition

Thank you in Advance.

Regards

Avinash Thakur

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Avinash,

How much of SAP SD do you know, in your experience in Pre-sales and Bid management? Do you know sales business processes or documents created in SAP (e.g. sales order, delivery, billing document etc.)?

In general, it is not easy to break into SAP market (any module). Clients prefer 3 to 5 years experience in your chosen module. In the beginning, the salaries will low. Certification (from any institute) will not make things easier.

Take one step at a time, if you plan to get into SAP SD, then work in it for 5 years and then think of your next move.

If you decide to change to SAP SD, it will be a long, hard road ahead.

TW

Answers (0)