Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration Sales order with billing plan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have an issue with Sales order migration with billing plan,

my situation is a sales order  with a down payment and and one final (progress) billing.

The down payement was already invoiced and paid by the customer and posted in FI.

The booking is integrated in Fi and was migrated by FI consultants.

my question is then, how should I migrate the SD order with its billing plan ? as the down payment was already received and booked in FI.

so only need the final (progress) billng without the down payment, (but still need way to only invoice the difference between total amount and down paiement already paid)

Any help ?

Thank you All

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna,

Same situation was there in my earlier project regarding billing plan, where we took the mile stone against which payment received we took it as legacy and  and updated customer balance.

Open milestone/billing plan is only consider for moving open sales order and subsequent billing. However the we put a check on billing plan/ milestone which are already billed to customer as locked.

Hope this will help you some how.

My suggestion involve your FI & PS consultant and also business to have discussion.

Thanks.

Sumeet Sah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sumeet

Thank you for your help,

Can you explain in detail how you did the migration ?

for example an SD order of 1000 INR, with 2 milestones, (1 Downpayment of 200, and 1 final billing of 800)

the down payment was already billed and FI posted, and migrated from FI side.

so to migrate this open SD order, I need to create it with 2 milestones, and block the Downpayment one ? without billing it (generate FI postings)  ?

and when I will final bill, only the correct amount of 800 will be billed?

In advance thank you

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna,

Yes...

For the down payement milestone move is as complete item as already Fi has taken care of it. No need to create billing for the same.

For second mile stone move is as open item in SAP and do the further processing.

Hope this will help you to solve  the issue.

But also suggest you to involve your PS & FI consultant and also involve business and have a discussion on the same.

If helpfull, rewards points..

Thanks.

Sumeet Sah

<Moderator Remarks: Points removed due to points begging. As suggest, kindly review and adhere SCN RoE>

Message was edited by: Jyoti Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Summet,

OK thank you ,but what do you mean by moving the DP milestone as complete item?

Is there a box to check somewhere or a status to put on it ?

I am assisted by FI and PS, but they never worked with milestones before.

Thank you in advance

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna,

Yes you can do it, we handled in the similar way.

Thanks

Sumeet Sah

former_member185462
Active Participant
0 Kudos

"Open milestone/billing plan is only consider for moving open sales order and subsequent billing. However the we put a check on billing plan/ milestone which are already billed to customer as locked."

Do you mean blocking the particular line in billing plan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sumeet,

I feel we are near to the solution, but I dont have acces to a system rigth now (vacation)

but how to create and mention that a milestone is complet ? (check a box, updates a status, a field ????)

Thank you

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna,

You can use complete status.

Thanks.

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

If your issue is resolved, please closed  this thread.

Thanks