cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Travel Advances creation from Function Module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

I am creating a Trip Advance using function module "PTRA_DB_TRIP_SAVE".

The trip is getting created, I can see the advances in the Advances Tab.

However when I try to do FI transactions on that Trip it says ZERO amount to payout.

Now when I create the Trip Advances using PR03, everything works fine.

I am using a custom application to create Trip Advances because as per the client requirement Advances are paid-out under 6 Advance Types and those need to be captured on the screen.

I tried enhancing "SAPMP56T" screen 1501 to add the advance type but no success.

While using the FM "PTRA_DB_TRIP_SAVE" to create trip advance I noticed that when I get the details back using "PTRA_DB_TRIP_GET" the table ET_ROT_FORM type PTRV_UTIL_ROT_KONTI_V0SPLIT_T is blank, which is getting updated when I create the advance request using PR03

I request your guidance over

1> the approach of creating Trip Advances with Advance Types on the screen

2> Using a custom application is advised?

3> If we are using PR03 how can I enhance the Advance Screen to have Advance Type accommodated

4> When I am using FM why is the table ET_ROT_FORM is not getting updated.

Regards,

Swapnil Indulkar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would not recommend to create your own solution on standard function modules.

I have never tried but what I haven seen and heard was always a disaster. Sorry for that - it is not on the development but this modules is complex and it is not so easy as it looks like.

Also for maintenance of customer solutions it is a lot of extra work to expect.

Why the customer needs 6 different types of advances? This would be my first question.

There is always good reason for such a requirement. But I would like to understand this because never heard such a requirement in my last 10 years of Travel Management consulting 😉

Second question why you are not working with WebDynpro for ABAP UI?

I would say this looks much better then to use PR03 and would be also have more space to stay in SAP Standard.

Best regards, Sigi