Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Design Studio 1.5 (Export to PDF)

former_member197738
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Finally we have most demanded Export to PDF feature introduced with 1.5 goodies.

Issue

While exporting application as PDF, our CSS Icons get dropped.

Before Export

After Export

Anyone with same issue? Highly appreciate if you can share the approach to resolve the issue, thanks

-Fahad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member110741
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Fahad,

i also ended up with same issue. and looks like a bug in 1.5

PDF.exportApplicationScreen();

Regards,

Subhash

former_member197738
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi subhash,

Looks like I found the workaround to our issue.

Fix

Instead on "Buttons" Set with CSS Icons, try it on "Text" component.

However i didn't like the approach as the Prime motive of using the buttons is to provide users feeling of something got pushed or clicked.

Possible solution with Buttons

I just came across some SAP Notes on printing as pdf with 1.5. I don't have SAP Service Market Place account. Best i can update on weekday with admins.

If you have access, please let me know if there is a solution with Buttons on these Notes.

Regards

Fahad

former_member110741
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Mohd Fahad,

i gone through the note

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2150460

Known CSS issues:

• CSS pseudo-elements are not supported, for example ::before, ::after. Therefore, components styled using pseudo-elements will not be exported exactly as they appear.
  • Background images may not be exported.
  • The CSS overflow property is not supported. Therefore scrollbars within the application may not be exported.

Regards,
Subhash

former_member197738
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

Thanks for checking on Notes.

Looks like i have to switchback BUTTONS with TEXT for now, until the fix is introduced in patch.

In your case, below response from Ingo might be the right approach.

-Fahad

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fahad,

SAP Design Studio Export is missing a lot of handy features such as the possibility of using your own corporate design, explicit print layouts or full table content.

Maybe you are interested in a solution called Design-Studio Export. It's a customer friendly reporting frontend for SAP Design Studio. You can download a free trial here SAP BO Design Studio Export Solutions

I hope this helps!

All the best,

Daniel

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mohhd,

perhaps you are interested in trying out our PDF Export, which comes as part of our extensions for Design Studio. You can download a 30 day trial here: http://www.visualbi.com/DSXTrial.

Tammy did a quick comparison which you can read here:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-64496

regards

Ingo Hilgefort

former_member197738
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo/Tammy,

Thanks for the quick response.

CheckBox in Link

I tried the below link, after all the details, i'm unable to CHECK the "check-box" on 'terms and condition'. Can you please check on that?

http://www.visualbi.com/DSXTrial

Nice to have in fix pack

I saw Tammy post, DS Extension looks good. would be nice to have in-existing DS1.5 version or possibly introduced as "Fix pack" in near future.

We have strict restriction for add-on components. Might have to stay with "Text" component for CSS for now .

-Fahad

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mohd,

you simply scroll down to the end of the terms and conditions document and the checkbox will become active.

In regards to the extensions - these are Extensions owned by Visual BI - not owned by SAP - so you have to purchase them separate and they are not part of a "Fix Pack" delivered by SAP.

regards

Ingo Hilgefort, Visual BI

former_member197738
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ingo for prompt response.

Yes, I was able to install and it works great.

-Fahad