Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch job Failure email Alert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement where

We need to send an alert to the business if a specific case in a batch job fails.

Clarifying the requirement

a) Not want spool of all successful logs

b) Want alert to the batch job that is executed and finished successfully but has a failure case inside the batch.

c) Is there a way at all to see/ differentiate between jobs that "finished" successfully but have case failure inside the batch vs batch finshed successfully with no errors within the batch at all.

Suri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suri ,

You can setup the batch job failure mail alert through CCMS configuration in RZ20 with setting auto reaction method to concern mail id or distribution list .

Refer below link

https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CEUQFjAE&url=h...

Br Vaibhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is email alert to batch job failure.

My requirement is different. I will give an example.

A) Batch job creates 30 sales orders.

B) Batch job finished successfully. 5 out of 30 sales orders are in error. We know about this by looking into spool log.

Requirement:

1) Alert for those 5 sales orders to Business. In the above case since batch job finished successfully we don't generate alert.

My question: Is there any way atleast to determine/identify a batch job that finished but has erred records/ sales orders.

We dont want to use standard reports etc to view the erred records. As soon as the record inside the batch job is erred business needs an alert.

Thank you

Suri

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes possible, either write an script or get an Abaper involved to write a custom program which will run just after all a steps in your job are execute, in the same background job, to read and send notification.

regards,

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Suri,

is information about sales orders with errors stored in a table? Or is it possible to write the output into a table? In CCMS there is a possibility to monitor database tables.

Regards,
Alwina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thank you Alwina, Divyanshu, I was looking for a staright forward way to get the alert rather than customization. I will discuss the aboce options with developer and look for lighter solution.

Thanks

Answers (0)