Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas 2.0 -- IE & Chrome not recognizing Excel type attachment

jay_pandit
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Wondering if anyone has run into this issue on any other MExxN screen, such as ME53N (in our case).

This is on a Personas 2.0 SP3 system. Using Basic View of ME53N (and Flavors behaves the same way), I open an Excel document linked to an Item :

i.e. select the item in the item overview section, click on the attachment clip icon. Then double-click an Excel row on the next screen.

When I use FireFox Browser, the Excel document type is automatically recognized as Excel, and I do not see a dialog to choose a viewer. On the other hand, when I use IE (v10) or Chrome (v43), the Excel document type is not recognized, and I am presented with a 'choose viewer' dialog. In my prior discussion thread , I had stated that PPT and PDF weren't being recognized, but that Excel and Word were being recognized. I was only one-third right about Excel because at that time I was testing with FireFox only. All 3 browsers now recognize PDF, PPT and Word after I implemented the DC30 mime type updates suggested in the above thread. Only remaining issue now is IE and Chrome do not recognize Excel attachment type automatically.

Some info :

The MIME type in tcode DC30 is set to 'application/msexcel'.

The IE browser console log appears to indicate Excel ... and the GET command results in a status 200.

The URL is a loong string like  https://server:port/sap....../restgui/resource/.......

If anyone has run into this issue, or has any suggestions, would highly appreciate it. Thanks !

Jay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

What is the extension of your excel sheet? Because "application/msexcel" is for *.xls and if you are using different file extensions then you need to configure appropriate mimetypes.

eg: For *.xlsx mimetype is "application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet"

You can refer this link for more mime types

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vsofficedeveloper/archive/2008/05/08/office-2007-open-xml-mime-types.aspx

Thanks

Chinthan

jay_pandit
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chinthan,

Thanks once again ....That worked !  It's interesting that Firefox was recognizing .xlsx files even with the old mime type (for *.xls) that I had in there. Anyway, now all browsers are recognizing *.xlsx files properly.  Thanks for the link to mime types list ... will use it for any future issue.

Jay.

Answers (0)