cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg PDF Action in BLS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using a query which retrieves records and sends it into a pdf document.In the PDF document so generated i am getting Query column names only in first page.I would like to have it in all pages of the PDF document. Please help me at the earliest.

Thanks and regards,

Ravi Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, you'll need to do the "splitting" in BLS logic, with a repeater action.

1) Create your PDF document action.

2) Create an "empty" xMII document identical to your query results, but with no rows (you can do this by copying the entire document and then deleting the Rows, or by other techniques).

3) Loop through each record in your query using a repeater and append the row to your empty document. When your desired per-page rowcount has been achieved (using a Local variable as a counter), add a PDFTable to the PDFDocument, then clear/empty the xMII document.

I hope this gives you the start of an idea for managing this situation. I prototyped a few new actions that use the PDF rendering engine in WebAS and allow you to use the Adobe PDF forms designer for building reports. The xMII team is looking at potentially adding them to the product or providing them as "freeware" here on SDN.

Best regards,

Rick

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Are you retrieving a single result set to your pdf document that extends to several pages and you want the column names to be there in each page????

Please explain in detail.....

Thanks,

Ajitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajitha,

As you guessed it's right.I may get multiple records from a query.But i need to maintain the header for the table(table column names) in all the pages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

You can give header for the columns with the help of COL action in xMII XML output.

Create a transaction variable (Say for eg Count, val = 5). Link this with rowcount of the TAG Query.

In the repeater use <b>TagQuery.Results{/Rowsets/Rowset/Row}</b>. And Add to the name property column of the COL Action a small logic as given below

<b>stringif( Repeater_COL.CurrentItem == 1, "Current", "Val_"&(Repeater_COL.CurrentItem-1) )</b>

This may give you first column name as Current and rest four column names as Val_1 , Val_2 and so on

Hope this is what you looking for.

Regards

Muzammil

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey guyz,

Please ignore my reply for this thread..... I was a mistake

really sorry

Muzammil