cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initialization of data source with zero records

Former Member
0 Kudos

I recently encountered a situation where I am initializaing a data source that has zero records to extract.  It did not set a red status on the job.  Is it initialized okay?  I have 2 others with this sitiuation.  Should I initialize without data transfer?  Will this effect the weekly process chain I am planning to run?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, your init was ok and set delta pointer. No issue with that.

You can do init(without data transfer) for other data sources as well.

Once you done init, later you can run weekly chains.

Thru chains we can't do inits. so we need to do manual.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to mark this complete?  The job is still running, yet they have an error. Here is the status:

********************************************************************************************************

No data available

Diagnosis

The data request was a full update.

In this case, the corresponding table in the source system does not

contain any data.

System Response

Info IDoc received with status 8.

Procedure

Check the data basis in the source system.

***********************************************************************************************************

It has been running for 2 hours in PROD.  Will it stop and be marked yellow?

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you run your data source at RSA3.

if it pulls 0 records then you can make your request green at bw side.

job will automatically showed as completed.

Mean while check your ECC job status at SM37. if its completed then make your bw request to green or below settings.

Seems like source have 0 records and your request still in yellow.

in such cases we need to set trafic light settings at info pack, menu Scheduler-->color of traffic light for empty request, here it may selected yellow. so you can select to green.

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bruce,

There may be the case when you initialize the datasource you have extracted zero records. Take a example of LO data sources, for this data source, you need to fill a setup table based on application.

If you have initialize with data transfer and you get zero records, please check through RSA3 t-code and run for Full. If you will get zero records then your delta is set. No need to worry.

For filling the setup table please follow the path

surya_peri
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can manually set the status to green as Raman suggeted. However, this can be set globally by using t-code SPRO --> SAP reference IMG --> Business warehouse --> Automate process --> set traffic light color. This will turn the status to green whenever the datasource extracts zero records.

Regards,

Surya