cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query is not getting executed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i have added 3 fields in existing query and created variable on calday.Moved changes to Quality and executed for testing in quality,But its not getting executed.

solution please.

Regards,

Giridharan Rajan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

sapna_jgurudutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,
I noticed the following error message here:
"No more storage space available for extending ....."

The memory errors means that more memory was requested because the program needed
to expand an internal table, but not available.

When Extended Memory is used up, the process will go into "PRIV" mode as
it starts using Heap Memory  (or vise-versa).  No other user will be able to use this Work Process while it is in PRIV mode. If there is enough heap for it to finish, the memory errors will not be seen.

Please try increasing free memory available,
parameter em/initial_size_MB
Please refer the following SAP Note regarding this:
835474 - More than 32 GB extended memory

Also please check the parameter ztta/roll_extension
Please refer the following SAP Note regarding this:
146289 - Parameter Recommendations for 64-Bit SAP Kernel

Try increasing the parameter, abap/heap_area_dia from Transaction RZ11.

Also check the following SAP Notes:
649327 - Analysis of memory consumption
425207 - SAP memory management, current parameter ranges

369726 - TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED

185185 - Investigating memory bottlenecks w/o the Memory Inspector

If you are using Release 7.3x, please refer the following SAP Note:
1711881 - Subsequent correction to SAP Note 1708934

Thanks & Regards,

Sapna

shalaka_golde
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check by applying filter on Calendar Day under Characteristic Restrictions to restrict it for 1 day?

Regards,

Shalaka

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Try to re-generate the query through RSRT.

Try to provide the selection in such way that query can be executed very fast or run for small set of data.Please check that is there huge amount of data available in quality.

It might be the case that if you have added a variable for calday and by mistake it will run the report for all data without any filter.

Please check through t - code SM50 or SM66 after execute through RSRT. It will give the idea where exectly it is going to stuck.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Chandresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i have tried below actions:

1.I have tried to apply selections on calday for 1 day.

2.I have removed calday variables and executed it.

3. retransport the Query to RWS

4.i have regenerated the Query by Program RSR_GEN_DIRECT_ALL_QUERIES.

All these are not helped.

Error screen shot

Please let me know if any details required from me.

solution please

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

As per my knowledge, it is reading all data from the cube w/o any filter. This error is coming when you don't have memory to store data into internal table.

Please check any other queries which have huge amount of data.

Can you please share screen shorts of the global filter from Query designer.

Also share the newly added key figure and any restriction of that KFs. Definition of calday variable. Where you used variable.

Have this query is running perfectly before transport?

Is there huge data in the infoprovider?

Thanks,

Chandresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you will be getting a ST22 dump for the memory storage error which you are getting when running query.

Please check the dump file , there you will find the code where it is failing.

This might be helpful.

Also please goto infocube on which query is created and check how much data it contains.

You can compress the data in cube if its too much.

You can use safety belt parameters as per below note to restrict data processing as per value defined in safety belt parameter.

1127156 - Safety belt: Result set is too large

Regards,

Amit

swati_gawade
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Try to Generate query in RSRT and limit the selections to as much detail as possible.

This error may be occuring due to lots of data getting slected for given selection criteria.

Please check how many records do you have in underlying info-provider that belong to the selection criteria that you have entered.

Apart from that you can go through below link and check for any erros.

http://scn.sap.com/community/business-explorer/blog/2015/05/14/when-your-bex-report-execution-turns-...

Hope this helps.

-Swati.

sapna_jgurudutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Giridharan,

The problem might be caused due to performance issues.

Can you please go to transaction RSRT of the relevant BW Backend system -> go to  transaction RSRT ->  enter the Techincal Name of the relevant Query -> Go to Properties tab on the top of the page -> Please set READ Mode to 'H'.

Then, please regenerate the query in RSRT using the 'Generate Report' button and check whether it helps you.

Also, please refer the following SAP KBA Note:

2141196 - Common performance issues occurring while executing Queries and Web Templates in Java Web

Thanks & Regards,

Sapna

KodandaPani_KV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is working fine in DEV and have run the RSRT or bex anlayzer.

if not working DEV don't transport to quality system.

after correcting the issue in DEV then collect it into new TR move to quality system.

run the report in RSRT.

Thanks,

phani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajan,

Can you please check the filter restriction in the query both in development and test system.

Goto Query Designer using dev and quality system and check the characteristics restriction if you have the same filter restrictions for the query in both systems.

It might be possible that you might not have same filter restrictions in quality due to which it might be processing huge data consuming huge memory and dumping.

Also you can try to regenerate the query in RSRT using the "Generate Report" button.

Please also again activate the infocube quality system on which query in created.

Regards,

Amit

former_member186053
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

What do you mean by not executing, are you getting any error or getting incorrect results. Can you share the error details if any.

Try to re-generate the query in RSRT first and then execute it.

Regards,

Vengal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried whether the query working in Development ?

If its working in Development and not working in quality try to re-import the query in overwrite mode and also check the newly created variable again.

If possible please provide error details in detail.

Thanks & Regards,

Chandra Sekhar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Chandra,

i have executed Query in Development and its displays no data found.

But in Quality its getting executed since long time after applying variable selections and getting stucked.

Also sometimes throwing Dump error and somtimes throwing error like no more data space available.

But other Queries are getting executed fine.

Please let me know how to import query in overwrite mode?

Regards,

Giridharan

former_member186053
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Before doing the below, try to re-generate the query in RSRT.

This might be due to variable selections you are passing, try to limit the selection values.

When you click on transport symbol(small truck), you will get options again, in that tick the check box against 'owerrite originals' option and also re-import option.

Regards,

Vengal.