cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Several WBS with different Company codes in One Project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus.

We faced the problem while creating FI documents (FB50) postet to WBS element (company code B), when it's existing in project with assigned company code A. We've got an error KI100 saying "The CO account assignment object belongs to company code A, not B". ge

Already turned off this messege, but no use. Company code on project level is obligatory on system level.

Is there any solution to ake postings on WBS with different comapny codes under one project, without deviding project in two separate?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kir,

Below is my test project, project definition is assigned to DK01:

Next I did posted 2 Vendor invoices in FB60 and had no messages, except for other not related things, so this is my CJI3:

Regards,

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Now i See that in PRPS-PBUKR (Company code) for my WBS are filled with 1000 CC all of them.

Could you please describe in which field and tab of wbs element you change the company code? I can't see any avaliable field for CC except of "Requesting Company code"

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kir,

I suspect the field is hidden in your current configuration, because it is defaulted from the Project Definition.  You need to check the fields statuses for WBS-elements and open it up back again.

The standard system has it on Assignments tab right after CO Area.

Regards,

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Paulo, Thank you so much. The problem solved...

I was trying to change Requesting Company Code for wbs and it didn't help.

The thing was that screen 1410 was hiden and didn't show up. After defining own view of the detail screens, I finally can change Company code. And under this conditions everything is fine.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member188063
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check if the following note may be helpful for you.

998849 - KI100 with account assignment to WBS element

Regards,

Sudhakar*

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kir,

Check this document, may be this can be useful for you.

Regards

Terence

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Privet Kir,

Within same CO area it should not be a problem. Also Company Code is not a mandatory field on the project definition unless it is made mandatory in customizing.

Regards,

Pav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Privet,

The problem is that cross company posting isn't configured. And FI department says that that's not suitable for their configuration.

With Company Code on project defenition i tried many varieties. When creating Project it asks for CO or CC or Plant, When i fill one of those fills it asks for CC anyway. How can i leave it blank? May be some ticks in OPSA? No obligatory customizings for fiels has been made.

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually there should be no problem even if you have the default Company code at the project definition level too, as soon as your particular WBS is assigned to another Company code.

Maybe your problem (as mentioned by Pardhu) is just because your Company code is defaulted when you are trying to post FI GL document?  So, you need to switch to another Company code and next try to post for that Company code.

So the message is not related to the Company code on the project definition, but to the fact the system has that Company code in the document header for FI GL posting that was defaulted either from a parameter or from previous postings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I usually change CC in FI GL document posting to the same that written on WBS . This is what results errors.

If I post FI/GL with CC 'A' to WBS 'A' (Project Definition 'B') = Error KI100
if I post FI/GL with CC 'B' to WBS 'A' (Project Definition 'B') = Everythings fine because CC 'A' matches what's written on Project defenition... And all WBS in this project has this CC defualt by system, no matter what value  i enter in Requesting Company Code for wbs.

Now it's also a problem to Create Purchase order with the similar error.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kir,

I feel its better to talk to a FI Consultant. Also request your ABABer to check it, since this can give an insight whether this is custom logic or the validation which was created.

You can also check with

Regards

Terence

former_member182575
Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not a PS expert, but check any other organisation assignments that you have in the WBS.  For example Plant.

Regards

Waza

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Is your controlling area is common fro all company codes?

Reagrds,

Pardhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, for those CC i use it's common

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

In FB50 we need to post with respect to single company code.If you have multiple company codes, you need to change company code whenever posting for different company code.

in FB50 out put screen -->Edit-->Change company code or press F7 on FB50 out put screen.

Kindly try with this.

Regards,

Pardhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do exactly like this.

Switching to Company 'B', selecting 2-nd level WBS (with CC 'B') but created in Project with CC 'A'.

Got the KI100 Error message 'The CO account assignment object belongs to company code A, not B'

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Kir,

Is the cross company postings allowed by your FI department?

Ideally you should be having a structure for Company code A and different structure for Company code B within the same project.. And you should be posting to same company codes using FB50.

WBS A for CC A and WBS B for CCB in you project..

You shouldn't post to CC B using WBS A and vice versa..

Hope it helps...

Sammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply,

Can you please explain what do you mean by "different structures within the same project." Now I have two 2-nd level WBS elements, under common WBS element 1-st level, Several WBS 1-st level elements are forbidden in our configuration.

That what i do, Trying to post CC B to WBS (CC B) - Shows error regarding that Project has CC A.

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Kir,

Then you shouldn't get the error. ...There might be some validations in place which is causing this error. though the message is coming from standard SAP..Please check with your FI counterparts

also check if this note help..

Note: 141224