Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Merging storage Locations in SAP

Hello Experts,

We have following scenario, customer want to merger Physical storage location to one. Let me explain the scenarios.

Customer have three plant Say Plant A Plant B Plant C and their respective storage location where they store material is Storage A Storage B Storage C.

Till now Plant A Plant B Plant C purchase their own material and issue to to their requirements. Now customer decided that Plant A Plant B Plant C will purchase separate but Good Receipt and Goods issues will be happen at Storage B.

Customer don't want to move old Transaction data or any other data in system but in new arrangements he wants to go with Storage B. They want to keep intact the all storage location as it is in system. Also customer wants separate accounting process for each Plant. 

I just want to know whether we can go ahead with this and any possible changes required other than assignments.

replied

Answer for your both question is 'No'

This scenario is not to merge storage location. You just want to close two storage locations out of 3 and want to use a single storage location. You just need to create the same storage location under 3 plants.

As I have stated that storage location doesn't play any role for accounting entry, so your accounting entry will be same as it was.

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question