cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mass create & delete of deliveries

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to mass create & delete of deliveries. I need to do this activity for wm implementation to make open outbound deliveries as wm relevant.

Can you please provide the ways to handle this situation.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor

If you are in lucky situation that non of the deliveries were already touched then you could use VKM4 to reject the deliveries, which means deletion in that specific case.

But this is usually not the case in an active environment and many different deliveries are in different stages of their process, which always speaks for a manual treatment, especially as you would need to get to this status again after you activated WM.

Since mass deletion of deliveries is not a usual business case you wont find any given program for this unexpected case, hence you need to use the usual ways for mass processing which is LSMW, SECATT or BDC recording.

And mass creation is VL10, isn't it?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I won't get into many detail, as why, when and how this is possible. Depending on your config you will or won't be able to do this.

Check this simple method and if it works you'll have an easy way of doing so.

Take one delivery which you want to convert from IM to WM picking.
Go to VL02N. Enter your delvry number, hit ENTER.
Choose Picking tab.
Change the storage location from IM to WM managed SLoc. Hit ENTER.

See if field picked qty is now grayed out.
If it is - you're done, you can create TOs for your delvry in LT03 and you can write simple LSMW to make this work on a global level.
But I think it is easier to write a simple ABAP program to call the function modul for delivery changes and update all item level SLoc to your WM SLoc.

If this does not work, please come back with the messages you get when entering your WM SLoc.
You might need to have a few more config changes to make thsi work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wm managed storage location will be same as what they are in IM now. Can I do change to dummy sloc & then again change the sloc to its old.

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Never tried that, but knowing some background code behind VL02N it might work, since when you change the SLoc system should refresh the data used for IM/WM "determination".
So as far as I can see it should work,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am successfully able to do this vl02n process. The only thing I need to do is transfer to dummy sloc & again to its original sloc.

Is there any easier way other than this which will activate WM for outbound deliveries.

Is there any harm in doing this. what will happen if outbound delivery is partially delivered.

In this case do I need to short close delivery & create new delivery for remaining quantity.

Will this affect otd reprting if any.

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Changing SLoc is the easiest and least time consuming way of switching.
Sorry but this is the most "clean" way as far as I can see, that's why I suggested it be tried first.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is there any easier way other than this which will activate WM for outbound deliveries. --- No, if you want to use the same storage location then there is no other easier way other then the one suggested by Mihilo

what will happen if outbound delivery is partially delivered.In this case do I need to short close delivery & create new delivery for remaining quantity. - if you know the overall flow of WM then you need to create a Transfer order once WM is active. so yes you need to short close and recreate the delivery with remaining quantity and then create TO perform Picking and then do PGI

Will this affect otd reprting if any. - without knowing the exact report requirement / existing coding it is very difficult to suggest whether that it will impact or not however if in the existing environment you consider only plant + sloc to populate report and in future if you are planning to assign the Warehouse to same plant+sloc then in my personal opinion there should not be any issue

0 Kudos

Hi,

Mass deletion of deliveries can be done in VL04 where we can set rejection reason and save..so that billing wont happen for those deliveries

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

VL04 is already deactivated since R/3 4.6 release

0 Kudos

Hi jurgen sorry its in Tcode VKM4....

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And this answer was already given 3 hours ago, so why adding a redundant answer?