cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of JCO Destinations for web dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I read quite a lot of post concerning the subject but unfortunately I did not found a solution to my problem.

My goal is to create JCO Destinations to make my web dynpro to connect to an R3 system.

In order to realise this I followed these steps :

- Launch visual admin and set http settings, rfc settings, and cim client settings. I click on CIM client test and the result is a success so I assume this part is correct.

- In R3, I execute transaction smgw, go to remote gateway to get the gateway settings. I execute RZ70 and filled the parameters just checked. Then I activate and launch the data collect. I have no error message and everythings seemed to work fine.

- In the sld (<host>:<port>/sld) I configured my server settings, the I go to data bridge, set update local sld to true and fill RFC gateway info with the same values as in my R3 system. Then I restarted the sld.

- Finally I went to Web Dynpro content administrator to create my destinations and there I failed. After entering all settings (the message server appears in my technical landscape in SLD), when I click on finish I've got the following exception :

[code]

Failed to create new JCO client connection WD_FLIGHTLIST_RFC_METADATA_DEST:

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.sal.sl.api.WDSystemLandscapeException: Error while obtaining JCO connection.

at

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.wdc.sl.SystemLandscapeFactory.getJCOClientConnection(SystemLandscapeFactory.java:140) at

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.wdc.sl.SystemLandscapeFactory.createJCOClientConnection

(SystemLandscapeFactory.java:286) at

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.sal.sl.api.WDSystemLandscape.createJCOClientConnection(WDSystemLandscape.java:107) at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.tools.sld.ButtonBar.onActionFinish

(ButtonBar.java:224) at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.tools.sld.wdp.InternalButtonBar.wdInvokeEventHandler(InternalButtonBar.java:252) at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.generation.DelegatingView.invokeEventHandler(DelegatingView.java:87) at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.controller.Action.fire(Action.java:67) at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.task.WebDynproMainTask.handleAction(WebDynproMainTask.java:100) at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.task.WebDynproMainTask.handleActionEvent(WebDynproMainTask.java:299) at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.task.WebDynproMainTask.execute(WebDynproMainTask.java:641) at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.AbstractClient.executeTasks(AbstractClient.java:59) at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientManager.doProcessing(ClientManager.java:249) at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.defaultimpl.DispatcherServlet.doWebDynproProcessing(DispatcherServlet.java:154) at

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.defaultimpl.DispatcherServlet.doContent(DispatcherServlet.java:116) at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.defaultimpl.DispatcherServlet.doPost(DispatcherServlet.java:55) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:760) at

javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853) at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.runServlet(HttpHandlerImpl.java:385) at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.handleRequest(HttpHandlerImpl.java:263) at

com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:340) at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:318) at

com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.invokeWebContainer(RequestAnalizer.java:824) at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.handle(RequestAnalizer.java:239) at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Client.handle(Client.java:92) at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Processor.request(Processor.java:147) at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java:37) at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.UnorderedChannel$MessageRunner.run(UnorderedChannel.java:71) at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at

com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:94) at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:162) Caused by: com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDRuntimeException: Failed to resolve connection parameter for WD_FLIGHTLIST_RFC_METADATA_DEST at

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.wdc.sl.JCOClientConnection.resolveConnectionParameter4MsgServerJCODestinaton(JCOClientConnection.java:664) at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.wdc.sl.JCOClientConnection.resolveConnectionParameter(JCOClientConnection.java:508) at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.core.sl.AbstractJCOClientConnection.init(AbstractJCOClientConnection.java:247) at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.core.sl.AbstractJCOClientConnection.<init>(AbstractJCOClientConnection.java:221) at

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.wdc.sl.JCOClientConnection.<init>(JCOClientConnection.java:101) at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.wdc.sl.SystemLandscapeFactory.getJCOClientConnection(SystemLandscapeFactory.java:138) ... 30 more Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException at java.util.Hashtable.put(Hashtable.java:393) at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.wdc.sl.JCOClientConnection.resolveConnectionParameter4MsgServerJCODestinaton(JCOClientConnection.java:558) ... 35 more[/code]

I tried to create a generic destination (no for the web dynpro tutorial) and failed again.

I do not undestand what I did wrong.

Does someone have an idea ?

Thanks for reading this !

Sylvain

Message was edited by: Sylvain

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please add the system in SLD under Technicalsystems.

After opening SLD, select TechnicalSystems.

In the "Technical System Browser" page select New technicalSystem and add the systemdetails.

After that redo the Jco connection and try agaian.

Regards, VIP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anilkumar,

In technical systems I have :

- my R3 system under Web as Abap

- my was server 6.4 under Web as Java

- my sld under system landscape directory

I forgot to tell that I use a Was 6.4 SP10 for my web dynpro and the sld.

The R3 system is a 4.7 located in anither server.

thanks for your response, any other idea or the problem ?

Sylvain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is your ModelData destination working properly. Is there a problem only with RF_METADATA. You have given the correct settings in your SLD.

Are you sure your Message server is configured properly. Did you try logging into SAP using the Message server. Does that work. If you could tell me more information i would be able to help you out.

regards

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

None of my destination are working properly. I have the same error for each destination I try to create.

The message server appears in the creation of a destination. There is only one choice possible. At the beginning there was no message server but it appeared after I execute transaction RZ70 on the R3 system.

How can I try logging into SAP using this message server ?

Thank you for your answer

Sylvain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sylvain

Open SAPLogon. Select the server profile say "Dev" and click on groups. In the window that appears enter the 3 letter id as System id. This you would get when you logon to SAP and see the right hand bottom corner. It would be a 3 letter "XXX". If not ask your basis administrator.

In the Message server space enter the Hostname or ip address (try both in case one of them doesnt work) of your R/3 server. Click on Generate List. You should get some groups appearing in the view below.

If it works then your message server is working fine. Let me know if that helps you.

regards

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I cannot try this this week because I no longer have access to the R3 server but I will try next week and get back to you.

Thanks for your help

Sylvain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Let me know if that worked :).

regards

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

It seems you guess right.

When I follow your indications I cannot see user groups. The exact message says : 'Error: service sapmsXXX unknown. I tried both with hostname and ip address.

In the webdynpro content administrator, when adding a JCO destination, the only message server I can specify is "XXX hostname" (where 'XXX hostname' is the parameters I entered in sap logon to check the message server). So I seems they are not the right parameters.

I thought my message server was working, what should I do more to make it work properly ?

Thanks for your help,

Sylvain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

I forgot to say that we only have one server, there is no load balancing. So the groups function in SAP Logon is not supposed to work isn't it ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think , if you create multiple logon groups, the purpose is solved. Just do a search in this forum and you will find the answer.

I think this is the topic, perhaps. Just click on the URL:

Regards,

Subramanian V.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subramanian,

I have created a PUBLIC logon group and my pb is now the same as the one in the topic you give.

Unfortunately this topic has not been solved.

It seems like the problem is just a matter of hostname or port. I'll carry on looking after the solution.

If someone has any idae ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

In fact, I was able to solve my problem looking at that thread. It is only not marked as solved, otherwise it gives good insights to the issue at hand.

Regards,

Subramanian V.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This thread helped me too because before reading it I didn't thought that I had to create a logon group "PUBLIC".

Anyway I succed in creating 'WD_FLIGHTLIST_MODELDATA_DEST' and the test is ok. The problem was that in sld / technical system / web as abap, my Central Application Server host was wrong. It is not possible to change it so I just add a secondary server with the right host and select this one when creating the destination.

The only pb remaining is now 'WD_FLIGHTLIST_RFC_METADATA_DEST'. I think the pb is my message server such this is the only difference between the two destinations

Thanks for your help

Message was edited by: Sylvain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

My problem is finally solved.

The last error in my settings was that I did not add sapmsXXX 3600/tcp in services on my WAS 6.4.

The service was only present in my WAS 6.2 (the one where R3 is installed).

In order to make destination to work, both servers need this line in their services file.

Thanks all

Sylvain

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello!!!:

Can somebody give me some help please?

"Open SAP Logon .........

Click on Generate List. You should get some groups appearing in the view below."

NOTHING APPEARED ¿what can I do?

Thanks a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again:

sorry about my ignorance but.... logon group PUBLIC must be at the was 640 or at was 620. How can I create it ?.

Thanks a lot !!!!!.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi R.S.-

Please start transaction code 'SMLG' in WAS ABAP.

Press 'F8' or click on the 'CREATE' button (icon of the sheet of blank paper).

This will allow you to assign the group 'PUBLIC' to your system. Make sure you click on the 'Attributes' tab and Select (Check ON) the option for 'Ext. RFC-enabled'.

Hope this helps you. If so, please consider rewarding some points.

Thank you,

- Vik.