Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI & SOAP UI - Mock Services

arkesh_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to access a mock service of SOAPUI present in my local machine from PI's sandbox system.

(Details on mock service feature can be found at - http://www.soapui.org/soap-mocking/working-with-mockservices.html)

Both the sandbox and my local machine are present on the same network but still I am getting an error of "Connection Refused to the port XXXX" when I trigger a message from SAP PI's sandbox "Test Message" option.

I tried accessing the mock service by providing the IP Address of my machine in the receiver SOAP channel and the Mock Service's URL but it was no use. I also gave the local machine's user id/pwd if in case that was the issue but that didn't work either.

I also tried updating the port numbers (8080, 8081,443, 8088) at both places (both mock service URL and receiver channel) but it didn't work either.

I feel I have ran out of ideas and do not know what to do next.

Please guide me in this regard.

Regards,

Arkesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183816
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had tried this mockservice long back. I was able to establish connection between my mockwebservice, hosted on completely different newtwok with PI system. What i recall, soap ui by default host mockwebservice at 8088. And I used my system IP address to access mockwebservice.

I am getting an error of "Connection Refused to the port XXXX" when I trigger a message from SAP PI's sandbox "Test Message" option.

What I remember, your PI  has some restrictions over this port. Please consult with your basis or network team to resolve this issue. There is nothing much you can do about it. They need to forward this port or complete IP address in firewall or system to connect with your mockservice.

Just for testing purpose, can you import this mockwebservice's wsdl in soap ui itself as new project and check whether it's reachable or not. Like in aove screen.

In case, you are not able to establish connection to your mock webservice. You can create and deploy an Outside-In Web service Provider (java proxy) which will act as mockwebservice and it can be easily accesible to your PI system. As it will be deployed on java stack of your PI server. So no headache of connection issue.

arkesh_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ambuj,

Thank you so much for your valuable inputs.

I was able to connect to PI system from SOAPUI and was able to send a message to PI.

The problem lied within virtual windows which used a static IP.

There was nothing much the network team could do about it and so they asked me to move the whole POC to another machine which didn't had a static IP address.

Thank you again for the detailed input.

Regards,

Arkesh

Answers (0)