Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can table entries be transportable if I insert entries through a BDC program(saved in $Tmp)

satyapriyanka_vana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I need to create and maintain a table. The table entries are in an excel sheet. If I save that table in a transport request and maintain the table in SM30, the table entries also can be moved into production.

But There are many values in that table So I wanted to make entries through BDC or any function module.

• If I save that BDC program in a TR and if it is transported to production, will it search for the excel file in production system? Or else the entries of the table will be moved?
  • If I save BDC program in local object and insert the data into the table(table created in a TR) will those table entries transported to production?

Please help me out how to make entries in that table.

Regards,

Priyanka

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

keyur_pawar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

1. First of all if you save your BDC program in TR & moved to production, it will definately ask you for flat file to upload data.

2. If you save your BDC program in local object directory then you can not move it to production without putting it in TR. If you upload data in Development environment then it won't reflect in production even if you transport table's TR in production. You have to upload data there separetely.

But here why are you using BDC program to upload data in single table.

Just use FM 'GUI_UPLOAD'  to take file data in ITAB and user Insert statement to pull ITAB data into your Ztable.

Hope it will help you.

Regards,

Keyur Pawar.

8 REPLIES 8

kiran_k8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Priyanka,

If I understood correctly you have a table with TMG and you got large no.of entries in an excel which needs to be maintained in this table.Instead of manually maintaining them you want to do it through a program,Right ?.Why do we need a BDC for this,why not a program which is capable of uploading the data from excel and then updating the internal and then inserting into a Ztable.

K.Kiran.

0 Kudos

Hello Kiran,

Thanks for the reply.I don't have any problem doing this through a FM/program. My question is If it is done through a program or BDC, will the table entries also transported? I have to run the same program with the same excel in production system to fill the entries.

Regards,

Priyanka.

former_member185054
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi Satya,

Don't complicate the process. just do a upload program for table update.

Run that program from production, it will upload the data into corresponding Ztable.

if you want some sample code... check SCN for ztable upload thread or reply me i will attach the code for dynamic table updation.

With regards,

sampath kumar.

0 Kudos

Hello Sampath,

Thanks for the reply.

I am aware of the procedure you mentioned and followed the same procedure.But I got a doubt whether the table entries are stored in transport object or not. I think NO. To clarify the same I posted here.

Regards,

Priyanka.

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How did you declare the dialog (recording routine & comparte flag of SE54 or transport option SOBJ)

• If changes are automatically transported (some"Customizing" data) then only transport the data,
  • Else you could either
    • Transport the program and execute it in target wsystem
    • Manually append those data in a transport request (adding with SE03 or similar tool an entry of type R3TR TABU tablename, and a list of key (can be a generic * or client + *)

Regards,

Raymond

keyur_pawar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

1. First of all if you save your BDC program in TR & moved to production, it will definately ask you for flat file to upload data.

2. If you save your BDC program in local object directory then you can not move it to production without putting it in TR. If you upload data in Development environment then it won't reflect in production even if you transport table's TR in production. You have to upload data there separetely.

But here why are you using BDC program to upload data in single table.

Just use FM 'GUI_UPLOAD'  to take file data in ITAB and user Insert statement to pull ITAB data into your Ztable.

Hope it will help you.

Regards,

Keyur Pawar.

satyapriyanka_vana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your response.

Regards

Priyanka.

former_member185054
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi priyanka,

yes it wont save.And you are going to run this program in target system,so no need to save this in request.

With regards,

sampath kumar.