cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“Storage Section” OML4 vs “Storage Section Indicators” OMLC

0 Kudos

Dear All,

Someone can explain me the difference between “Storage Section” OML4  and “Storage Section Indicators” OMLC

Storage Section” OML4

Storage Section Indicators” OMLC (The storage section indicator divides materials into groups with the same characteristics.  With the storage section indicator, you can assign certain material groups to special storage sections)

I do not undestand why the code of "Segregado Exército" will be diferent. Because on OMLC the key is only by warehouse number :

OMLC - 003 "Segregado Exército"  for the (warehouse number) L01

OML4 - 001 ""Segregado Exército" for the (warehouse number) L01 + (Storage Type) 003

Cheers

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in simple business term, you will have material which are classified as Fast / Medium or Slow moving similarly these material when you receive in the warehouse Fast material should be stored in Fast moving area, Medium moving material in Medium moving area and Slow moving in Slow moving area,same needs to be replicated in SAP you need to tag the material as fast / medium & slow  using the storage section indicator (in WM1 view) similarly you need to tag the storage bin also as fast moving, medium moving and slow moving (This is a static setting and needs to be defined during storage bin creation within a storage type)

with OMLC you just create a indicator and assign that indicator in the material master and then against that indicator you define the storage section search (LE--WM---Strategies---Storage section search) based on which system finds the suitable bin.

entry which you create using OML4 is required at the time of Storage bin creation within a storage type

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Storage sections are logical parts of a storage type, which you assign to storage bins.
E.g. You have a storage type - 001, which has sections:
A - section 1 (assigned to bins from 1-20)
B - section 2 (assigned to bins from 21-40)
C - section 3 (assigned to bins from 41-60)

So you have assigned the sections to your bins in storage type 001.
What's it used for?

Now you need to know what is a storage section indicator.
That is just a named strategy for search through storage sections.
Just like you search through storage types with storage type indicator, you can search through storage sections in a sequence required.
E.g. You create a storage section indcator (t-code OMLC) - "SRC".
So your entry SRC can be assigned to material. That will influence the way you lookup storage sections.
So, if you assign storage section search strategy SRC to material MAT1, the system will lookup for this strategy in records from t-code OMLZ.
In OMLZ you can define the sequence for the search, e.g. first A, then B, then C to indicator SRC.

So, the system wll know when it's searching for bins for material MAT1, it will see which storage sections search strategy is assigned to it (SRC) and will then go to entries from OMLZ, find out that you set up A => B => C. It will search according to this sequence.

0 Kudos

Thank you very much all of you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure what OMLC and OML4 are but I believe you are comparing the standard storage sections to the fire containment sections used only with hazardous materials configuration? fire containment sections can be entered into the storage bin structure

Or are you comparing the warehouse storage sections indicators to the material storage section indicators?

Apologizes, I don't know the language from you screen shots and I don't see OMLC and OML4 being relevant transactions or tables so its really not clear what exactly you are comparing.