cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Install J2EE server in local PC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have j2EE server in remote. I like to install J2EE server in local PC. Can any one give some information about installation. If possible step by step.

Thank you

Ravi Golla

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Ranjeet0702
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You don't need server at your local system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Technically you're right that you don't NEED it but it sure makes it much more easy for developers.

Having all developers use a central J2EE engine to test their code causes all kind of problems.

We a local J2EE engine on all our developers' pcs. That allows them to test their code without affecting anyone else.

Ranjeet0702
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Then the installation will be same as done for the server machines....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

If you install Netweaver Developer Workplace it will install the J2EE engine also.

I don't have the link to that right now but I'm sure you can easily find it by searching for "Netweaver Developer Workplace" on SDN

Let me know if you can't.

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I find some information abt J2EE instalation in web. But i comes with Netweaver Developer Studio, it doesn't have WebDynPro Perspective. I want to install J2EE in my Mechine for debuging purpose. If you help me that would be Great!

Cheers

Ravi Golla

abhijeet_mukkawar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are you talking about installable of net weaver ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijeet,

I am asking about how to install J2EE server locally. Do you have any documentation or links. I find one and installed it but it does not have Java WebDynPro. We need it locally for debugging purpose.

Thank you

Regards

Ravi Golla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

What version of Netweaver Studio did you install? Where did you get it? I haven't installed JUST studio so I'm not familiar with how it works.

However, I know that if you install Netweaver Developer Workplace it will have a web dynpro perspective AND a local install of the J2EE engine.

There are a lot of posts on SDN saying that you don't NEED a local engine but I disagree. I think it's imperative that a developer have a local environment to test his/her code without affecting anyone else.

One of the arguments against that is the setup required. We've gone through this and documented a procedure for our developers and it is not that big of a deal at all.

In my mind, the pros of a local environment far, far outweigh any additional setup.

Plus, if you are using NWDI, getting your code to the central server(s) is fairly seamless. We have ours setup so that it automatically deploys to the dev server when we activate an activity.

Are you an SAP Customer? If so, you can download Netweaver Developer Workplace from Service Marketplace.

Here's a link to the Trial and Preview versions.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/cfc19866-0401-0010-35b2-dc815824...

As for not seeing the web dynpro perspective, let me ask an obvious question: did you try Window | Open Perspective? If you're not seeing Web Dynpro on that menu then I'm stumped.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

David.

former_member189631
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Please have Look at this Link,

Regards,

Ram.